Post-Game Talk: GAME 19 - The Bruins have only lost 2 games in regulation all season - BOTH TO THE RED WINGS - Detroit 5 BRUINS 2

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
Lots of people saying that Lohrei needs more AHL time, I'm not sure.
He definitely needs work, but to me his main problem is not making the simple play when that's all that's required. Will the AHL fix that? Will playing more minutes against slower worse hockey players force him to make the quick simple play, or since easier actually provide an environment for him to hang on to the puck too long? We shall see.
Playing in the top 4 on an NHL defense is pretty high pressure, particularly against teams with a strong forecheck. Lohrei looks indecisive right now, so gettin reps in the AHL where he has a little more breathing room to make decisions might help him to internalize defensive zone strategies for puck possession, clearing the zone, etc.

Obviously the coaching staff would advise him about what to focus on in the minors.

Reactions: Dr Hook and BMC

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Would love to actually know what everyone's belief is when it comes to these boards. Truly.
Are people allowed to have opinions, question things, say the team is soft, say the team only needs skill, question anything? Seems to be more "you're wrong" than anything. Some of us feel one and way and others feel the other way... Is one right and the other wrong or do we all just have opinions and egos can't let that happen and need to be right? Not specifically saying you Donnie Schulzhoffer. I'm honestly asking opinions.

Further to your point yes it is early in the season and yes they are exceeding expectations but can people have thoughts about flaws or does it have to be just full on positivity or else?
Disagreeing is not trying to tell you that you can’t speak

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
This team is in dire need of another top 6 forward, I wonder how long it will be before Lysell gets a chance, he is a legitimate talent.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
good team, needs some help. more speed, more grit, more talent in the forward ranks.
wouldn't mind more grit on the D either.

curious on your thoughts. i watch hathaway running around like a f***ing menace with
philly. what are they doing to these guys in boston? freddy too, seems tamer now.
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^all of this!! "Someone" told him to "stay out of the box?" Hmmmm

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Would love to actually know what everyone's belief is when it comes to these boards. Truly.
Are people allowed to have opinions, question things, say the team is soft, say the team only needs skill, question anything? Seems to be more "you're wrong" than anything. Some of us feel one and way and others feel the other way... Is one right and the other wrong or do we all just have opinions and egos can't let that happen and need to be right? Not specifically saying you Donnie Schulzhoffer. I'm honestly asking opinions.

Further to your point yes it is early in the season and yes they are exceeding expectations but can people have thoughts about flaws or does it have to be just full on positivity or else?
Right, a lot of judging other posters and starting fires and attacking others. It must be nice to be so perfect.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
is there any chance bergy comes back after halfway point?
maybe marshy can talk him into it.
we bsdly miss him on the dot on those pk faceoffs and late game faceoffs.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Pops randomly said to me earlier when we were watching the game together "looks like they're saving their energy for the NY game tomorrow".
Hope that can explain today's performance.

Lots of people saying that Lohrei needs more AHL time, I'm not sure.
He definitely needs work, but to me his main problem is not making the simple play when that's all that's required. Will the AHL fix that? Will playing more minutes against slower worse hockey players force him to make the quick simple play, or since easier actually provide an environment for him to hang on to the puck too long? We shall see.
Confidence , it's all about confidence , he has none . He needs to dominate, he won't dominate in the NHL.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Unless there's a few additions this team isn't getting out of the first round.

They're having a very good year, but it is a completely different game from April on.
It'll depend on the match up, but in all likelihood I agree.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
B's relaxing after a big turkey dinner and ample refreshment. They deserved a break ,they've been working hard as their record reflects. Evan another loss tomorrow won't break my :heart:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad