Post-Game Talk: GAME 19 - The Bruins have only lost 2 games in regulation all season - BOTH TO THE RED WINGS - Detroit 5 BRUINS 2

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
If the B's slipped down to second place this time of year it may work out for the better . Just might take a little pressure off . Let NYR carry the burden for awhile .

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
13 of 15 road teams won and one of the home teams Chicago beat the Toronto.

Florida shut out at home by Winnipeg 3-0

Carolina getting trounced 8-2 by Tampa at home

Washington who was playing very well gets shutout by Edmonton 5-0

Dallas loses at home 7-4 to Calgary

Three American teams outscored 15-4 in games you think they win against Canadian teams

Blues lost at home to Preds 8-2
Bruins sloppy and undisciplined lose to Detroit

Crazy day - focus clearly was not all there as likely most teams players had a lot of family at the house and routines broken

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021

Three American teams outscored 15-4 in games you think they win against Canadian teams

Crazy day - focus clearly was not all there as likely most teams players had a lot of family at the house and routines broken
Well......this is a well written post and most of all it does seem to reflect that yesterday might have been a very strange and scary day! Is everyone OK lol.... ;)

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005

Very interesting; great analysis. Thanks. Adds more factual granularity to the point raised by others that the home team on T-day does not do well.

Reactions: hrdpuk

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
good team, needs some help. more speed, more grit, more talent in the forward ranks.
wouldn't mind more grit on the D either.

curious on your thoughts. i watch hathaway running around like a f***ing menace with
philly. what are they doing to these guys in boston? freddy too, seems tamer now.
Yup. Either analytics or this organizational view on being the punching bags of the league.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1700919286425.png

1700919300481.png

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I wish I had- just finished a little bit ago on ESPN on demand. Good thing I am nursing a terrible food hangover and don’t have the energy to care that much :laugh:
I went to the OU-TCU game instead and am going to delete the game from the dvr and not even bother with trying to watch it. At least OU crushed TCU.

Reactions: hrdpuk and Dr Hook

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The post-holiday home team blues theory has held up really well. 15 games and the road teams went 13-1-1, including some pretty unexpected results. That's quite something.

I was just looking at yesterday's scores and I was kind of stunned. Was it like this last Thanksgiving as well?

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I was just looking at yesterday's scores and I was kind of stunned. Was it like this last Thanksgiving as well?

Last Black Friday, road teams went 9-2-2. So not quite as extreme as this year, but still a pretty remarkable record in their favor. Definitely a pattern there, at least in recent times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad