Post-Game Talk: Game 19 - THE BEAR dances again on Yonge Street - BRUINS 4 Hogtown 2 FINAL

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I know a lot of NHL fans would immediately poopoo what Chara says about Marchy, but an argument can be made when talking about all-around player.

1) Excellent defender
2) Dangerous on PP
3) Great on the PK
4) Major threat to score shorthanded goals
5) Pest who gets in the heads of opponents
6) Best on the team at sticking up for teammates
7) Clutch scorer extraordinaire
8) And of course elite in the NHL in points

Such a unique player and personality with a crazy good all-around game
Not sure I agree he's the very best in the league, but an argument can definitely be made.

There is a lot of elite talent on this team right now, we should enjoy it while it lasts.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I know a lot of NHL fans would immediately poopoo what Chara says about Marchy, but an argument can be made when talking about all-around player.

1) Excellent defender
2) Dangerous on PP
3) Great on the PK

We're so lucky he's a Bruins.

Reactions: missingchicklet

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I know its traditional to say the best player in hockey is the top scorer... but theres more to the game then putting the puck in their net

a lot of it comes from being able to step up in big moments

alot of it comes from helping your linemates excel

simply giving it the best scorer is like calling the home run king the best baseball player. saying mark McGuire was the best player in baseball instead of ken Griffey or alex rodriguez

marchand is a 5 tool {minimum} hockey player and every took is top of the league

best pest? I say yes
best playmaking winger? its him or kane
best goalscoring winger? maybe a second or third place rank behind Ovechkin and pastrnak?
pk threat? near the top of the league
big game scorer? near the top
compete level?

the list goes on and on... and he has almost zero holes in his game... elite at every aspect

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
despite our mini slump... we are hitting the 20 game mark with the best goal differential in the nhl

the 3rd best points per game

we havent been spared from injuries... they said we were a one line team to start with but our kids have been stepping in and we keep rolling

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Just got in from Banners. Good food yet a long way to go for service. Honestly I could not see myself going here to watch a game in the future.

Im getting old :(

Look like they played well​

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Victory Poutine

upload_2019-11-15_23-38-5.png

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Just got in from Banners. Good food yet a long way to go for service. Honestly I could not see myself going here to watch a game in the future.

Im getting old :(

Look like they played well​

Did you use the Banners signal cards?

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Did you use the Banners signal cards?

I used my feet to stand up to be seen. They are definitely dealing with the being new jitters. Very disorganized to say the least. Good news is the food was very good and Im a pain in the ass to please.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I used my feet to stand up to be seen. They are definitely dealing with the being new jitters. Very disorganized to say the least. Good news is the food was very good and Im a pain in the ass to please.

@4ORRBRUIN The problem in Boston now is many of the good servers went to Encore because of the benefits.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Chara is better now than he was 3 years ago.

Convinced that Cassidy’s system has challenged him in ways Claude’s did not and he’s worked right up to meeting those challenges.

As everyone always has said, he’s a pure professional and an extremely coach friendly player. Is concerned about winning and nothing else.

Disagree - don't think it has anything to do with coaching.
Said it at the time when people where saying he was done. He was playing with Trotman, C. Miller, K. Miller on the first pairing and was trying to do everything.
C. Miller has gotten better but half a dozen times a game you'd see him out of position or making a bad d-to-d pass that would hand-cuff Chara or get beat and hope Chara would bail him out. But because C. Miller was the shiny new toy and could skate, people would blame Chara. I hated watching that pairing when people seemed like they refused to see all the mistakes C. Miller was making on the ice.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

1) Excellent defender
2) Dangerous on PP
3) Great on the PK

with just one caveat "will occasionally do some dumb shit"

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Leafs fans are angry and frustrated tonight as they are fed up with the Bruins winning yet another statement game. The Bruins now have won the season series with the Leafs again as in 3 games they have 5 points to the Leafs with 2 with only 1 left to play in Boston.

They are wary about Montreal, they know Tampa will wake up and also concern about Florida. (Buffalo who knows)

The Bruins have similar concerns but by December 1st will have played Montreal 2 more times. The historic loss to Florida hopefully is something they can build on in the future.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
They were good in the first and third.

Bad in the second.

The unnecessary icings and bad clearing efforts drive me crazy.

Marchand was great. Pasta in one of those weird funks right now. Being too cute and unassertive.

Chara continues to surprise me at the age of 42 (soon to be 43).

Dale Arnold always has a cold...

I agree with all of this but especially the point about Pasta. He scored a terrific goal against the Panthers but otherwise in both that game and this one he had too many times in possession when the puck just seems to roll away from his stick or he otherwise turns it over by trying to make really low percentage passes or plays. For sure, it's excusable given the start to the year he's had and the fact that on a good night some of those cute plays actually work, but I'd still like to see him be more protective and strong with the puck and take some extra accountability for what he does with it. That said, more often than not he's still the most dangerous-looking guy on the ice most of the time - I'm sure he'll ramp things up again pretty soon.

Otherwise I thought Kuraly had a good night - competed better and was more assertive and smart in the game than he was been a lot of the time so far this season. I liked Bjork's game too. He's looking increasingly at home in the NHL and tonight he just made lots of good little plays and used his speed to his advantage. Frederic started well and wasn't afraid to use his body, but I felt like he faded out of it a bit after the 1st period. Not too bad though. Vaak's positioning and checking are decent but he needs to work on his passing - way too many of his passes don't connect.

Overall Boston were ok in this one. They did what they needed to and had some really nice stretches, but I wouldn't call it a return to form just yet. The Leafs are just so ordinary right now. Substandard efforts time and again, especially on D, and while we fairly point out their defensive players for being average or worse, well yeah they aren't great but I feel like they do an honest enough job. They simply don't get enough support from their highly paid forwards and that's where you start to get fractures in team culture and morale. Don't envy Andersen either - he has an incredibly tough job standing in the net for this lot. The Bruins have their troubles but I certainly know which camp I'd rather be in right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad