Post-Game Talk: Game 19 - THE BEAR dances again on Yonge Street - BRUINS 4 Hogtown 2 FINAL

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
In 2015-16, Chara spent just 10% of his EV ice time paired with Colin Miller.

In 2016-7, it was under 4%.

First - what site do you find those stats on? I was trying to look up a few players not long ago, I don't very often, and had no idea where to look.

I know they weren't together that much. And my hazy memory is hazy but that pairing was pretty much the height of people saying that Chara was torched. A lot of people were really excited about C. Miller and wanted him on that first pairing (and later pissed that the Bruins exposed him in expansion) that those 6-15 games they played together never worked a lot of people put the blame on Chara while I saw it completely opposite at the time.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
First - what site do you find those stats on? I was trying to look up a few players not long ago, I don't very often, and had no idea where to look.

I know they weren't together that much. And my hazy memory is hazy but that pairing was pretty much the height of people saying that Chara was torched. A lot of people were really excited about C. Miller and wanted him on that first pairing (and later pissed that the Bruins exposed him in expansion) that those 6-15 games they played together never worked a lot of people put the blame on Chara while I saw it completely opposite at the time.

Line Combinations - Frozen Tools

You actually have a solid point about Chara's partners pre-Carlo/McAvoy in 2015-16 he was paired with lesser D-men in K.Miller/McQuaid/C.Miller/Seids/Trotman. So overall he didn't have much to work with, you just shouldn't single out Colin Miller given how little they actually played together.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Line Combinations - Frozen Tools

You actually have a solid point about Chara's partners pre-Carlo/McAvoy in 2015-16 he was paired with lesser D-men in K.Miller/McQuaid/C.Miller/Seids/Trotman. So overall he didn't have much to work with, you just shouldn't single out Colin Miller given how little they actually played together.

He's the one stuck in my memory as I can still randomly visualize some of the exact plays that people thought were Chara's fault and clamouring.
Agreed that I shouldn't single him out but the point was that he was paired with #6 d-men for quite awhile. I think Trotman was the best fit - which in itself is kinda sad.
Mostly that he wasn't a Norris level d-man, nor is he today, but was still holding together a top-pairing while a lot of fans thought he was done. I just never saw it that way at the time. I just thought he needed a better partner.

I've played defence for so long - a homeless man's version of Brian Leetch nowadays - that I read/see the position a bit differently than other people.

Reactions: BruinDust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad