GDT: Game #19: St. Louis Blues @ Montreal Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I just want him to be like Keith. He doesn't have to hit a lot because that would completely change his game, but just start playing like an *** hole.

Serenade

Feb 5, 2008
Just a little perspective for all those dumping on the blues. After the game Max P. said the Canadiens are trying to model themselves after the Blues.

Canadiens usually match up really poorly against the Blues and LA.

RR10*

Canadiens usually match up really poorly against the Blues and LA.
They match up pretty good against Boston so that doesn't say much tbh.

The problem is, as I see it, that we are having the same problems as recent years. I dont give much about excuses like "it's the regular season" "it's early yet" blah blah. It's not like we are going to hit a switch when playoff starts and play like we wish. We are not creative as a team and have a hard time scoring goals against good teams (nothing changed). When we are down by a goal or two, I just feel like they are not going to turn the score around. It doesn't help that our defensemen are playing like a bunch of chickens without their heads. Right now there is no way I can see us beating Chicago/LA over 7 games. Hell I doubt we'd even beat Nashville with the way those games have looked. I expected more.

I can honestly say that I didn't watch Stastny much before he signed with us, so I didn't know what to expect. But man is he disappointing so far. He looks scared on the ice. As much as I bash Berglund, Stastny hasn't been better. I gave up on Berglund a long time ago, but I thought our $7m guy was going to be involved more and play with authority. Don't tell me "he has not liked the same after the injury". What did he do before the injury that i missed? I see basically the same player. Stastny has to step up big time.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I just want him to be like Keith. He doesn't have to hit a lot because that would completely change his game, but just start playing like an *** hole.

You are seeing the light? haha. Don't you think folks may think twice now that Tarasenko may just pick a spot if you take too many liberties? It creates room for yourself on the ice.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
You are seeing the light? haha. Don't you think folks may think twice now that Tarasenko may just pick a spot if you take too many liberties? It creates room for yourself on the ice.

I still don't think having a Pronger is smart with the way penalties are called, but I think Pietrangelo should play like Al, aka Chopper.

Al needs to run a defense-only practice, pass out some wooden sticks and teach our group the art of the chop.

I don't want slow crease-clearers, I want a bunch of smooth-skating dbags lol.

Last edited:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Hey we have Kevin Shattenkirk he did a great job of clearing Jake Allen out of the crease last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad