GDT: Game #19 SJ SHARKS @ Vancouver Canucks 11/14/13 7:00pm PDT CSN/KFox

Broomout

Mar 31, 2012
Columbus
Snog 4-2 Sharks
Hertl, Couture x2, Vlasic
Kesler, Higgins

Hope it's not too soon for Snog, gotta work the silly ps4 release so going to miss the game :(

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
So Vancouver is a division rival, and with realignment it will be like "yay, we get to play Vancouver more times during the season?" So what do the schedule makers do. They make the Sharks play all the games against Vancouver in the first 2 MONTHS of the season. Does that make any sense? They should have played Vancouver twice in April or March when the stretch run is going on. Ok, so at the beginning of the year there was a ton of thought that Vancouver would not be a good team, but still, they are a division rival. Don't play all these games so early.

Anyway, enough of that Rant:

SNOG

Sharks 5 (Couture, Thornton, Boyle, Hertl x2)
Canucks 4 (H. Sedin, D. Sedin, Borrows, Edler)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So Vancouver is a division rival, and with realignment it will be like "yay, we get to play Vancouver more times during the season?" So what do the schedule makers do. They make the Sharks play all the games against Vancouver in the first 2 MONTHS of the season. Does that make any sense? They should have played Vancouver twice in April or March when the stretch run is going on. Ok, so at the beginning of the year there was a ton of thought that Vancouver would not be a good team, but still, they are a division rival. Don't play all these games so early.

Anyway, enough of that Rant:

SNOG

Sharks 5 (Couture, Thornton, Boyle, Hertl x2)
Canucks 4 (H. Sedin, D. Sedin, Borrows, Edler)

Yes, it makes sense. I don't want to see Vancouver all that much unless it's the playoffs. lol

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hoping for a good game tonight - my first game in person in almost five years.

Facts that might interest you - top "team killers" on each side are Joe Thornton for the Sharks (undisputed, wait until you see the numbers) and Kevin Bieksa for the Canucks (my opinion. There's forwards with decent numbers, but Bieksa's numbers for a defenseman are quite solid)

Jumbo Joe vs. Vancouver - 44GP, 14G, 38A, 52Pts

Yowza. I think only Teemu Selanne has better career #s vs. Vancouver, off the top of my head.

Bieksa vs. San Jose - 25GP, 3G, 13A, 16Pts

That's a 52-point pace over an 82-game season, which - off the top of my head - is Bieksa's best against any team.

Anyways - hoping for a good one!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad