GDT: Game 19 | Pens vs Sabres | 11.19 7PM EST |A-u-T-O-MatIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Hope the players saw a doctor to get their minds back on winning

Dq4VEAVWoAAJqY-

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Thanks for posting this! I've updated the OP to reflect these lines. Except Riikola. I left him in. Ruhwedel left the last game for a while, and even though he returned the smart thing to do would be to sit him and play Riikola instead. Not that that's what Sully will do, but I still left it that way :laugh:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Has anyone from the media asked Sullivan why he isn't playing Riikola? Or why they won't send him down? It's just so unbelievably stupid.

Based on his reaction towards a fairly innocuous question about Sprong, I would assume most members of the media are afraid to ask unless they want to risk him getting red-faced, jumping over the podium and beating the poor hypothetical bastard with his own recording device.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
The Pens are so bad right now that I turned down an offer to go to the game for free. It just isn't worth the travel (I'm about an hour and a half away) and figuring out what to do with my dogs just to get up there and watch them get creamed. Maybe me skipping is what the team needs to light a fire under them.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The Pens are so bad right now that I turned down an offer to go to the game for free. It just isn't worth the travel (I'm about an hour and a half away) and figuring out what to do with my dogs just to get up there and watch them get creamed. Maybe me skipping is what the team needs to light a fire under them.

Wow. Bizarre. I might not pay to see them this year, just because I’m broke. But, how do you call yourself a Pens fan if you won’t go see them for free?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Has anyone from the media asked Sullivan why he isn't playing Riikola? Or why they won't send him down? It's just so unbelievably stupid.

I assume it is because Riikola and Ruh have been pretty similar play wise and Ruh has the relationship here.

Honestly, Maatta is the one that deserves to get scratched after his turn over Saturday. But, I think any coach would have a hard time justifying a roster of Oleksiak, Ruh, Riikola and Johnson as one that can win.

Reactions: Andy99 and KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Usually, I say "Please just win". Today, I'll say "Please be entertaining".

I've reached that stage in my grief process; acceptance. We suck, but I can at least be entertained.

Try turning on RAW.

Ou maaan, I just looked at standings and my jaw literally dropped. When was the last time the Penguins were last in East?

End of the season before Geno got here (i.e., end of Sid's rookie year) . . . 2006.

To help with the math that's over 12 years.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wow. Bizarre. I might not pay to see them this year, just because I’m broke. But, how do you call yourself a Pens fan if you won’t go see them for free?

My favorite story of all time. My buddy and I were first year college students and broke as shit. During the 05-06 year at the worst part of the season where all the vets basically left and it was just young talent getting murdered. We went down to Civic Arena and scored $5 CLUB SEATS. Jesus man. $5. And it was against the Atlanta Thrashers i believe with like 7k in the building. :laugh:

Going during the x-generation was some of my favorite times. I think that's why even in the darkest times of today, it doesn't even come CLOSE to those dark ages.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
When you're last in the East and have options galore in WBS, 'pretty good in my eyes' and 'very vanilla, but . . . fine' shouldn't cut it.

But, fans are screaming accountability.

Truth is Grant has been better than Sheahan and on par with Cullen and our injury situation doesn’t allow us to call anyone else up without demoting Grant or waiving Sheahan.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
My favorite story of all time. My buddy and I were first year college students and broke as ****. During the 05-06 year at the worst part of the season where all the vets basically left and it was just young talent getting murdered. We went down to Civic Arena and scored $5 CLUB SEATS. Jesus man. $5. And it was against the Atlanta Thrashers i believe with like 7k in the building. :laugh:

Going during the x-generation was some of my favorite times. I think that's why even in the darkest times of today, it doesn't even come CLOSE to those dark ages.

Maybe I’m just speaking as a Pens fan that has seen one game in Pittsburgh in the last 11 years because of relocation.

When every game is in an enemy barn, I’d kill for a free game with fellow fans.

Game 5 in 2017 is easily one of my favorite memories period in life.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
But, fans are screaming accountability.

Truth is Grant has been better than Sheahan and on par with Cullen and our injury situation doesn’t allow us to call anyone else up without demoting Grant or waiving Sheahan.

So, you're making the Oleksiak argument . . . pick the least stinky turd? :laugh:

This team sucks, and we're rotating jabronis. It's so annoying . . . yet sadly expected.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Grant has been pretty good in my eyes. Very vanilla, but he has been fine.

It is funny to see the McKegg fan call Grant brutal.

I don't think i was ever a McKegg fan. You may have me mixed up with someone. I definitely am always a fan of bringing young guys in to try out.

My main argument is that the roster is never finalized until the deadline. That's what we argued about in the offseason 1.5 years ago. I had faith in JR grabbing someone. He did grab Brass, but f***ing injuries made things bad.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
I feel pretty lame but I am not someone who does things very often and I need mental preparation. Plus they just are not enjoyable to watch right now and Sid is out. At least at home I can turn the game off.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I mean, I’d prefer the move out Sheahan for trash and throw up TB of course.

But, there is the whole ego thing in the way on Sheahan.

Among others.

Honestly, I just look at this team and think, among other descriptions, LIFELESS. Youthful energy and young legs are part of the solution (and yes, I know that you know that).

EDIT: It just dawned on me that we HAD to move Sheary and Hunwick to create cap space . . . for Sheahan and JMFJ until 2 years after Geno's current deal expires. Just ******* shoot me. :cry:

Reactions: pixiesfanyo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad