GDT: Game 19: Montreal Canadiens vs Winnipeg Jets 2/25/21 8:00pm EST RDS, TSN2, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I think the wrong move is making him think he’s always safe because he’s Carey Price.
I'd add too that a new coach coming into the job is a great time to put everyone in their place and make everyone realize that it doesn't matter who you are, if you aren't performing then you aren't playing. Price isn't playing well, Allen is and thus should get the starts.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
For a coach who was said to be good with youth, Evans is scratched from the get go.

I wouldn't read anything into it. He's played in every game up to now and we know someone has to sit with Perry in the lineup. Byron and Lehk have both taken their turns.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
If true that Price is getting the start, and with Danault back as 1C with Tatar and Gallagher as his wingers - I'm NOT impressed.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Don't like Evans being out. He's been great all season. I guess Ducharme is trying to get all the vets on his side. I get it but i don't wanna see that too often.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Sitting price after that stinker doesn't take balls, just a bare minimum of brain cells. Now if allen wins and get's the second start? Then I'll believe.

Reactions: Habano

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Sitting price after that stinker doesn't take balls, just a bare minimum of brain cells. Now if allen wins and get's the second start? Then I'll believe.

It's still TBD if Allen will get the start. Because Price had a maintenance day. It looked like Allen got the starters drills. But maybe that was because Price wasn't on the ice for practice.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I dont actually mind reuniting that Danault line as at this point, the Habs need Danault and Tatar to get going and the top 3 lines were rolling earlier in the year (Danault line was rolling last year) so it makes sense Dom would give those lines a shot.

What is more telling isn't that Danault is back with his line, its the adjustments Dom makes if the line doesn't work after these games against the Jets. That should be the focus rather than his decision to reunite that line for tonight. Making adjustments is what Julien struggled at and its the one area I believe will definitely separate Dom from Julien.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Or what? Blind haters will keep on feasting? I sure noticed how big of a hunger you all seem to have.
Everyone wants him to do well, we’re all Habs fans. Pointing out he’s not playing to expectations isn’t blind hating, it’s just stating a truth.

Reactions: dkd

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
View attachment 400345View attachment 400364

Welcome Dom!

Your first game as the Head Coach of the Montreal Canadiens, and of the NHL in general! You have come a long way, a p'tit gars de Joliette, who won the 2013 Memorial Cup with the Halifax Mooseheads, where the Habs very own Jonathan Drouin led the playoffs in assists and points (beating the likes of teammate Nathan MacKinnon and opponent Nikita Kucherov, etc).

We are so very excited to see where you can bring this team, and hopefully there will be lots and lots of free wings for the rest of this season. My fat ass very much looks forward to that.

Also, I would like to thank Claude Julien for everything he has done for the Montreal Canadiens. We were very lucky to have him as our head coach (for the 2nd time), and unfortunately change is always necessary, especially in hockey that keeps evolving.

Here's to you, Claude! Best of luck in your future ventures! Any team would be lucky to have you (just as long as Danault's not part of that team - just kidding :D). And, again, thank you.

Also, a special thank you to our former Captain Kirk Muller, who commandeered the ship perfectly during last year's playoffs, giving our youth a chance to shine, and the team a fighting chance to win the impossible.

With that said, let's KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS TONIGHT!

GO :habs GO!

(updated with lineups)
Since you seem to have a better crystal ball than the rest of us and accurately foresaw the exact timing of the Julien firing, I have a request.

Can you pls. look into that crystal ball and tell us if you see a Jack Eichel on a Danault-less Habs roster in the near future? I'm allowed to dream right? :D

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It’s going to look some stupid when Byron loses a defensive zone faceoff and the Habs get hemmed in their own zone.

Death

Formerly reaping souls as Death ...
Apr 24, 2014
France, Alps
I understand the logic behind keeping the same D-pairs, start with what the players are used to ... works for me if there is in game adjustments. I don't believe Ducharme can just come in and send a big FU to the vets, changes should come progressively while he tries putting his grasp at the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad