GDT: Game 19: Los Angeles Kings @ Detroit Red Wings | Friday, Nov 20 2015 - 4:30PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Can't believe we lost against that roster.

And the fourth line needs changes, they haven't been good this season at all.

Two of the three goals were scored when they were on the ice (Forbort as well). That's unacceptable for a group of players who are used sparingly. They were badly exposed by Detroit.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Our 4th line is utter garbage. Why Sutter kept them out in critical minutes in the 3rd blows my mind. 3 minutes to go? Down by 1? Time to put on the 4th and let them get dominated and then the other lines get exhausted trying to bail them out.

He benched the entire 4th most of the 2nd, yet in the 3rd he had them out there late .

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Two of the three goals were scored when they were on the ice (Forbort as well). That's unacceptable for a group of players who are used sparingly. They were badly exposed by Detroit.
The question is why Sutter kept going to them even though they get embarrassed every time they set foot on the ice.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I don't know who's fault this is but they should have played kings hard hitting hockey more then 25% of the time

That doesn't really work against Detroit. They had a lot of chances and they blew it.

The team should have done target practice during the summer. Only dman that can shoot on net is McBain

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
To me both the 2nd and 3rd goal are mostly on AA. The first one he clears it up the middle instead of to the corner. The second one he does a drive by right past Zetterberg. DD falls down, DF is hung out to dry, enroth couldn't control the rebound. AA needed to pick up Zetterberg, which he did, but too late. AA showing tonight defensive lapses. It's really time to see Weal.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
To me both the 2nd and 3rd goal are mostly on AA. The first one he clears it up the middle instead of to the corner. The second one he does a drive by right past Zetterberg. DD falls down, DF is hung out to dry, enroth couldn't control the rebound. AA needed to pick up Zetterberg, which he did, but too late. AA showing tonight defensive lapses. It's really time to see Weal.

Andreoff did have another horrible game, but the second goal was mostly on Forbort, watch the replay, Larkin skated around him like he was wearing Matt Greene's cement skates.

The tough thing for AA is he isn't very good to begin with, but he is also a winger being asked to play center and he just has no clue.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
I don't want to see anyone hurt, but at the same time I wish a few lower end guys go out for a few weeks to force them to recall merch or something.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Andreoff did have another horrible game, but the second goal was mostly on Forbort, watch the replay, Larkin skated around him like he was wearing Matt Greene's cement skates.

The tough thing for AA is he isn't very good to begin with, but he is also a winger being asked to play center and he just has no clue.
I agree Larkin walked DF. AA was in perfect D position, and then brain fart up the middle. You teach mites to clear loose pucks in front to the corner. The scorer didn't even give anyone an assist on that goal.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I don't want to see anyone hurt, but at the same time I wish a few lower end guys go out for a few weeks to force them to recall merch or something.

I don't think it is going to take an injury, eventually you just have to sit down atleast one of Clifford or Nolan. There is just nothing there.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I don't think it is going to take an injury, eventually you just have to sit down atleast one of Clifford or Nolan. There is just nothing there.

When the 4th line gets exploited game after game at what point does Sutter say enough? Clifford at least has some value on that line, Nolan is a waste of space. That hit tonight was his best since he was suspended a few years ago and that's it. He has the puck with Kopi waiting for his pass and he shoot a harmless shot into the goalie.:shakehead

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Did I miss something, but did the Kings try and goon things up tonight? Some Detroit fans seem to think we were running their best players all night and were playing dirty. I thought aside from a few hits late in the game, we were very soft on the Wings.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Did I miss something, but did the Kings try and goon things up tonight? Some Detroit fans seem to think we were running their best players all night and were playing dirty. I thought aside from a few hits late in the game, we were very soft on the Wings.

Wings fans are just too used to soft ass pansy hockey.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

Typical Detroit fans.

tumblr_nwvye9le0i1schwg5o2_250.gif

Winger23

May 3, 2007

Aside from a few hits the kings played one of their softest games in a long time. If their fans are moaning they are morons.

scryan

May 1, 2013
"Carter tried to ride that guy"

When I was watching the stream, a few tried to claim that Carter shoulda been suspended? lol.
Would have to see some replay, but it sure looked like he was holding Carts on top of him to draw a penalty. Especially as car was letting go and lifting a hand in the air, and you could clearly see the guys arms wrapped around Carter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad