GDT: Game 19: Los Angeles Kings @ Detroit Red Wings | Friday, Nov 20 2015 - 4:30PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Tv291Xh.jpg

LOS ANGELES KINGS @ DETROIT RED WINGS
Thursday, November 20, 2015 - 4:30PM PT
Joe Louis Arena | Detroit, MI

nAeYazv.jpg
|
UK8kFBD.jpg
LOS ANGELES|
DETROIT
(12-6-0 24pts)|
(9-8-2 20pts)
|
Pearson - Kopitar - Gaborik |
Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Larkin
Lucic - Carter - Toffoli |
Richards - Datsyuk - Pulkkinen
Brown - Shore - Lewis |
Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist
Clifford - Andreoff - Nolan |
Miller - Glendening - Helm
|
McNabb - Doughty |
Kronwall - Green
Muzzin - Martinez |
DeKeyser - Ericsson
Forbort - McBain |
Smith - Marchenko
|
Enroth / Quick |
Mrazek / Howard​

NEWS | NOTES
Game 2 of a 5 game, 8 day road trip:
Tue 11/17 LAK 3 at PHI 2 SO
Fri 11/20 LAK at DET
Sun 11/22 LAK at CAR
Mon 11/23 LAK at FLA
Wed 11/25 LAK at TBL

MEDIA
TV: FS-W
Radio: AM 790 KABC

MATCHUP
11/20 LAK at DET
1/11 DET at LAK

LOS ANGELES​
|| DETROIT
0-0-0​
|
Series vs​
| 0-0-0
12-6-0 24pts​
|
Record​
| 9-8-2 20pts
1st Pac - 4th West - 7th NHL​
|
Standings​
| 4th Atl - 9th East - 17th NHL
7-5-0​
|
Home​
| 4-5-1
5-1-0​
|
Away​
| 5-3-1
7-3-0​
|
Last 10​
| 5-4-1
Won 3​
|
Streak​
| OTL 1
2.50​
|
G/GP​
2.11​
|
GA/GP​
21.4%​
|
PP%​
|16.7%
86.6%​
|
PK%​
|82.8%
31.5​
|
S/GP​
28.3​
|
SA/GP​
48.4%​
|
Faceoff %​
|48.1%

SEASON SCHEDULE | RESULTS
AynXkx3.jpg

Disclaimer: “GDT may not be 100% accurate. I got the line combos from your mom. I used to have Center Ice, Gamecenter Live, and an undercover concession worker in each arena, but this **** costs money. I will admit that my pet otter is using all up that money on his worsening opium problem. I try to not be an enabler, but I haven't had a sea urchin problem in months. Then I thought, why should I pay all this money and have a sea urchin problem to appease fans of random teams that I don't even care about anyway? Unless you are willing to take a bunch of sea urchins off of my hands, don't ***** if I get the lines wrong.” - BF

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Hopefully they take the protective nets down for this game.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
I hate playing in Detroit. The amount of calls the Wings get in their favor is hard to ignore. Maybe Uncle Gary will step in and let the refs know that he wants us in the Playoffs, so go easy on us.

Ron*

I hate plain in Detroit. The amount of calls the Wings get in their favor is hard to ignore. Maybe Uncle Gary will step in and let the refs know that he wants us in the Playoffs, so go easy on us.

This is the year Detroit misses out. The streak ends this year. This team, even at 9-8-2, is playing well above their head and I can easily see them landing in the six-spot in the Atlantic Division when all is said and done this season.

They are just mediocre.

That said, they will probably mop the ice up with the Kings tonight. It's Friday, it's the Joe, and it's the Red Wings. Always a challenge for the Kings, no matter if it's the '60s or the '10s.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
This is the year Detroit misses out. The streak ends this year. This team, even at 9-8-2, is playing well above their head and I can easily see them landing in the six-spot in the Atlantic Division when all is said and done this season.

They are just mediocre.

That said, they will probably mop the ice up with the Kings tonight. It's Friday, it's the Joe, and it's the Red Wings. Always a challenge for the Kings, no matter if it's the '60s or the '10s.

They just got Datsyuk back, are deep down the middle, and in net.
I still do not like their D, but I think they should be in the mix for the playoffs again. I think Ottawa is playing above themselves in their division and New Jersey in the wild card. They likely only need to catch one of them

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
When was the last time we won in Detroit?

2010-2011 via LA Kings PR. BUt sure feels like a lot longer.

I'm not expecting much from this house of horrors but the usual shenanigans, at least one godawful, thread-worthy incident, and everyone in the east doing the usual "yawn, not impressed with the Kings, they barely beat the Flyers and lost to the Wings, Pacific sucks, Doughty sucks, lolKopitar I'll give you our 4th line center and a 3rd line pick for him, Brown is dirty even though he was a healthy scratch because he gave someone a dirty look in the press box, Quick failed the USA tonight because even though he didn't start he didn't carry the US to victory, Toffoli is overrated, Trevor Lewis eats hot dogs for breakfast, and my god Enroth is amazing what a godly Euro." And an absolute ******** of penalties for hard checking.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
This is definitely the game in which we have a crucial goal called back due to a coach's challenge.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I haven't seen as much of the Wings as some other teams, but the periods of games I've caught, Dylan Larkin has been very impressive (6 goals, 13pts and +13) and not just for the offensive thrust, for a young player, 19, he's been pretty good on both side of the puck, has a really good hockey IQ and vision and a good skill set, lots of drive.
You can see the markings of an elite forward, it's easy to see how he is playing on the 1st line.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Didn't the Kings blow a lead late in a game and then actually get scored on again a minute later last season or the year before?
This game in the season 2013-2014 ?

http://espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=400484926

After checking all these results, one goal against in the final minute in two games the last 3 years.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=400442640
Jonathan Ericsson 19.55

http://espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=400484971
Nicklas Kronwall 19.33

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad