GDT: Game #19 Canucks host Hawks 5pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
He has been for a while lol
Haven’t exactly tuned into the games on my main screen, for obvious reasons. But that’s good. Shows the state we are in when even he’s shaking his head at decisions.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
mlz0GjG.gif
I love the intensity he plays with. You can tell he's just looking for that sneaky back door puck or rebound to eek its way through.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
The longer Aquilini waits the harder it is to even be in contention for a playoff spot

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
Benning is trash for sure, but you cannot say he did not make our roster significantly better in the offseason (yes I understand it was at the cost of our future potentially)

So this season's performance is 100% on Green and the coaching staff. Not sure what we are waiting for? 1/4 of the season is done and we are next to Seattle in the standings...

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I mean, we were probably the better team on merit.

But.

But we were mostly crap through the first 30 minutes. Looked poor, no intensity, most of our offense from the perimeter. Chicago was even worse, and we did nothing to take advantage of a weak, tired team who was there for the taking.

But you can't expect to win games when you come out like that in the 3rd period. Took 15 minutes to get a shot from a forward against a bottom-5 team in the 2nd game of a BTB who was down to 5D. When you have a 3rd period like that in that situation, you deserve to lose. This game was up for grabs after 40 minutes and Chicago wanted it more in the 3rd.

But this is the sort of game you have to win to have any hope of righting the ship. This will be the easiest game schedule wise for a long time.

But you can't really complain too much given how often the reverse has happened to us, both this year and in the last few years. Even in the previous game against Chicago this season they outchanced us 15-4 at ES and we won.

Garland and Podkolzin were excellent and really carried the team. Still way too many passengers.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Benning is trash for sure, but you cannot say he did not make our roster significantly better in the offseason (yes I understand it was at the cost of our future potentially)

So this season's performance is 100% on Green and the coaching staff. Not sure what we are waiting for? 1/4 of the season is done and we are next to Seattle in the standings...

Coaching change was needed last week new voice on special teams and not Greens shit bench decisions, reason hawks are better simple better coaching are looking aqualoonie f.ukup

Reactions: crowfish

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

I would definitely argue the notion that he made the roster significantly better in the offseason.

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
This was a must win game.

You can't lose to a weak team who's playing a back-to-back. 3 shots for most of the 3rd until they got desperate at the end.

Just not a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad