GDT: Game #19 Canucks host Hawks 5pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Benning is trash for sure, but you cannot say he did not make our roster significantly better in the offseason (yes I understand it was at the cost of our future potentially)

So this season's performance is 100% on Green and the coaching staff. Not sure what we are waiting for? 1/4 of the season is done and we are next to Seattle in the standings...
You know that he was the one that gave an extension to Green?

Reactions: mossey3535

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Benning is trash for sure, but you cannot say he did not make our roster significantly better in the offseason (yes I understand it was at the cost of our future potentially)

So this season's performance is 100% on Green and the coaching staff. Not sure what we are waiting for? 1/4 of the season is done and we are next to Seattle in the standings...
I just don't agree with this.

Benning had the opportunity to move on from this coach and he kept him.

I don't think the roster is noticeably better either. I thought it was ~17th place good with a 50-50ish shot type.

Edler-Schmidt kept their heads above water at ES and had a similar point pace over 82 game production than OEL-Poolman

I think our board widely believed that this defense was going to be similar to last years.

Forwards wise, EP and Boeser have been bad and I don't know how you blame that solely on coaching. Dickinson is shit and they don't have RHS centerman. Those two are on Benning.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
#montypython
giphy.gif

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
In the media they keep saying Aquilini won't fire Green/Benning anytime soon because he never fires staff in the middle of a season. My question is: WHY NOT? What is gained by going through the motions and waiting? We're all supposed to just pretend like this team is going to suddenl;y go on a run where they win 80% of their games and make the playoffs? Aquilini can't possibly believe that. Is he not watching the games?

I sure am.

Tear the band-aid off quick, and get it over with. This is intolerable as it stands. Have mercy on the fanbase, Francesco

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
In the media they keep saying Aquilini won't fire Green/Benning anytime soon because he never fires staff in the middle of a season. My question is: WHY NOT? What is gained by going through the motions and waiting? We're all supposed to just pretend like this team is going to suddenl;y go on a run where they win 80% of their games and make the playoffs? Aquilini can't possibly believe that. Is he not watching the games?

I sure am.

Tear the band-aid off quick, and get it over with. This is intolerable as it stands. Have mercy on the fanbase, Francesco

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
I just don't agree with this.

Benning had the opportunity to move on from this coach and he kept him.

I don't think the roster is noticeably better either. I thought it was ~17th place good with a 50-50ish shot type.

Edler-Schmidt kept their heads above water at ES and had a similar point pace over 82 game production than OEL-Poolman

I think our board widely believed that this defense was going to be similar to last years.

Forwards wise, EP and Boeser have been bad and I don't know how you blame that solely on coaching. Dickinson is shit and they don't have RHS centerman. Those two are on Benning.

We added Garland, Podkolzin, OEL and subtracted Erikkson, Beagle, a washed Edler. Schmidt was the one solid player we lost and he requested a trade. You are going to argue last year's roster was better?

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Only one game left until the magical American thanksgiving. pretty hard to make the playoffs when you’ve dug this kind of hole.

Do we really have to wait longer to fire these goofs? Pretty clear the6 won’t make the playoffs.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

I sure am.

They weren’t prepared for this to happen. Which is why it’s even funnier. The reason no one is being fired is because they have no backup plan. It’s pure scramble mode right now.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Bad teams find a way to lose....sometimes they run into a hot goaltender; other times the special teams let them down; and other times they have one bad period. All those factors led to he result tonight.

Bottom line is your pp goes 0-3 against a team like Chicago; and Fleury stole one. But teams who are golfing early in April can always look back on these type of games with lament.

The only thing that bothers me is that 20 games in and Green is still putting the lines in a blender. And in the third period, before the final push, they got only three shots on goal and two of them came from Hamonic.

How can you possibly say that this team is being 'well coached' right now?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I would definitely argue the notion that he made the roster significantly better in the offseason.

Yeah…this is, at best, a marginally better roster. Defense is the same but with different characters. That unit is actually playing better than I expected but nothing was seriously done to fix the bottom-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad