GDT: Game 19 | Canadiens @ Blue Jackets | 11/23 7 PM | Reverse Retro Night

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
It's impossible to watch. Fix-Wolanski that destroys the line, plays almost to the end, Gaudreau sees only himself pretty, Bemstrom is zero. Only Gudbranson could play with the puck from defensemen, but Bjork was playing on PP in that time.

What does Meyer have to do to be called?

If I see some players in the lineup against Isles, I'd rather go sleep. I'm not going to spoil my night.

Reactions: majormajor

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Give Gaudreau an offensive player to work with ffs.
Roslovic does nothing all game and he's the extra attacker? Right on
There’s several candidates for most disappointing CBJ player in the first quarter of the season, but Ros is the winner…..Have to ask all those who said we need to give Bemstrom a chance (which was a fair point), how many games should he get? Same question for Foudy.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
My lines against Isles:

Gaudreau --.Jenner -- table
Nyquist -- Johnson -- table/Chinakhov
Robinson -- Kuraly -- Olivier
Foudy -- table -- Meyer

I know after some time my emotions weren't so big but now... .

EDIT: I don't know how Luoto and Marchenko are ready.

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
The best and most fun aspect of this game is the early 2000s music. Absolute bangers being played by the DJ tonight
Had the same thought.. miles better than what Mr DJ usually plays
Johnny’s got that give me the puck and GTFOOMW attitude right now….and I like it!
Almost another wraparound too... fun to watch... so damn happy he's signed long term.
A turkey served a day early
And not the kind you want leftovers from either :laugh:

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
this was a weird game to me.
I couldn’t get into it at all, which is surprising.
felt very blah to me.
anyways.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
There’s several candidates for most disappointing CBJ player in the first quarter of the season, but Ros is the winner…..Have to ask all those who said we need to give Bemstrom a chance (which was a fair point), how many games should he get? Same question for Foudy.
And Sillinger is a close second.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
The thing is we aren’t putting them in positions to succeed. Bemstrom is not a guy you want transitioning the puck, so why put him with Foudy and Sillinger? Who’s going to get the puck up the ice, and who’s going to win board battles?

I’m no order
Nyquist-Jenner-Bemstrom
Johnson-Sillinger-Gaudreau
Robinson-Kuraly-Olivier
Foudy-Roslovic-Meyer

It’s not about points, but Bemstrom has 1 less point than Sillinger, and played less than half the games. He needs confidence, NOT to be stapled to the bench in the third period like Lars likes to do.

If we need a goal late in games, please stop playing the “4th” line. This isn’t rocket science.

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So did no players/Larsen talk tonight? Trying to find post game tweets to post but literally none of the reporters are saying anything, which is abnormal and weird.

EDIT: nevermind. Larsen did speak

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
The thing is we aren’t putting them in positions to succeed. Bemstrom is not a guy you want transitioning the puck, so why put him with Foudy and Sillinger? Who’s going to get the puck up the ice, and who’s going to win board battles?

I’m no order
Nyquist-Jenner-Bemstrom
Robinson-Kuraly-Olivier
Foudy-Roslovic-Meyer

It’s not about points, but Bemstrom has 1 less point than Sillinger, and played less than half the games. He needs confidence, NOT to be stapled to the bench in the third period like Lars likes to do.

If we need a goal late in games, please stop playing the “4th” line. This isn’t rocket science.

I’m no order
Nyquist-Jenner-Bemstrom
Robinson-Kuraly-Olivier
Foudy-Roslovic-Meyer

I'm not surprised. The 4th line was probably the best in attack.
Your lines would be good if we play without Chinakhov. And the problem would be here. Either Johnson between Chinakhov and Gaudreau or Johnson to Roslovic and Foudy. It's still one possibility, Johnson between Foudy and Meyer to get used to play center. Of course little minutes in 5:5. Roslovic - healthy scratch. Of course Sillinger could be too but Cole is a real center so he would play on that position many time. Also it's his the 2nd season.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
At least goaltending is much better than on early season. Both goals against were deflections from 1-2 meter range, so impossible to catch.

I agree that KJ should play with Johnny. Maybe as a C, even though Jenner has done a good job.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
I missed the game, the uniforms looked really good at least

This hits hard, it's crazy that this is what prompts nostalgia for me😭

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad