GDT: Game # 19: Blues VS Coyotes (7:00 pm AZ)

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Still a vast improvement from last year. But man these losses sting. Both home losses to LA, both losses to STL, both losses to Winnipeg. There are at least 6 points in there that we should have had that we've let slip away from mistakes or shooting ourselves in the foot.

This team is badly missing Barrett Hayton and McBain. The little things that both players do away from the puck that cover mistakes are glaring right now.

Everyone in there needs to play better.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
At least 7 goals against in the last 2 games were a direct result of turnovers. Keller/Schmaltz/Durzi each had one, and Veggie didn't play well. Cooley struggled on our top line, he got tougher assignments. Our PP and team D play has suffered a lot, it could be partly due to Hayton being out.

We can't do anything about injuries and it looks like we will have to ride Ingram now. The biggest issue to me is the sloppy turnovers, Bear has to clean this up. Its like our offensive guys are trying to force the play or make too quick or dangerous passes. I also saw too many blue line entry turnovers when the puck should have been dumped and chased which is a safer option.

Bottom line, our own puck control mistakes have killed us the last 2 games.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I do. It just takes you awhile to understand what I'm saying.;)

I don't think I have ever seen that before. Mind you, old age might have something to do with it.:nod:
Bruins scored 3 goals short handed on same penalty about a decade or so ago.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That defense kills this team. Dumba and Brown really stand out as the worst ones. Another top 4 dman would do wonders, this team can score and create. Bear probably should of played the Carcone line more, it was on fire. A very winnable game especially if they had an average defense core.
Carcone. What a pleasant surprise he has been for us thus far.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Well, he’s certainly no Hayton. :laugh:
Seriously, he’s playing like he’s still in college, not going to work, so you could be right.

On a bright note Kessleing has looked decent, at least he’s making safe plays.
You guys bitching about Cooley after less than a game on the first line is laughable. Most of the team played like they were in college, but no, you have to zero in on first year Cooley.

Reactions: More Cooley

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
You guys bitching about Cooley after less than a game on the first line is laughable. Most of the team played like they were in college, but no, you have to zero in on first year Cooley.
I’ve been concerned he may have been brought in a bit early for a while now, not even close to bitching.

Last edited:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Carcone. What a pleasant surprise he has been for us thus far.
I agree, but its always easier for wingers to surprise, Garland/Maccelli/Carcone, etc, its the easiest position to play. We need more surprises at 1/2/3C and top 4D, we don't seem to get those.....

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I agree, but its always easier for wingers to surprise, Garland/Maccelli/Carcone, etc, its the easiest position to play. We need more surprises at 1/2/3C and top 4D, we don't seem to get those.....
True, but the players you mentioned were not high picks, one undrafted. Most thought Carcone shouldn't even be on the team roster. He is getting better and better. I don't think many knew about Maccelli when he was first called up. Man, what a player he has turned out to be.

Josh Brown needs to be on waivers today.
If you are looking at only the game last night, he would have lots of company.:laugh:

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Interesting enough…didn’t mind Cooley’s game as much last night. He even had a nice chance almost sneaking a great shot by the goalie (hit the post).

Zeroing in on this though…I had the impression this team was supposed to be brutal to play against and lots of big bodies /etc…first game of the season we looked like that could be the case. Since then it dropped off and I’d even say most teams aren’t having a rough time playin us. Not a lot of hitting (occasionally but we def could do more)…not a lot of grit (it took Kesselring to kinda go after the two Blues players and that’s about it? )

All that to say…they don’t have enough fight in them. They might play “hard” but they aren’t looking like they are as emotionally invested.

Last season was better investment. This season they seem to lack that intensity in my eyes.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
True, but the players you mentioned were not high picks, one undrafted. Most thought Carcone shouldn't even be on the team roster. He is getting better and better. I don't think many knew about Maccelli when he was first called up. Man, what a player he has turned out to be.
I knew about Maccelli, I've been exceedingly surprised on Carcone...the dude when on can put it in the net, which is great for a 3rd/4th line guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad