GDT: Game 18: Vegas Golden Knights @ Washington Capitals | 4:00 PM | Should Have Been A Dead Poet Edition

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The Cody's are a +2 while together on the ice tho.
Yes? And the line's average CF% is 42.66 and Glass is the one curving that average upward. That's still abysmal. Glass is the only one with a 5 on 5 goal on that line and that was from a Marchessault feed.

+/- is rarely a stat determinative of anything unless it's overwhelmingly high or overwhelmingly low. +2 or -2 amounts to basically nothing informative. The sight test shows the same thing. The line spends way more time defending and chasing the puck than they keep pucks deep or get it on net.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
I think if they found a legit top 4 d who could move the puck the offense would flow a lot easier. Tough to generate a lot 5on5 when you're playing 3 or 4 #6 type dmen that can't move the puck.

Definitely would help absolutely. Would have to give up a lot in a trade to do that. I doubt George and Kelly do that, but with the veterans the Golden Knights have I wouldn't be against it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Definitely would help absolutely. Would have to give up a lot in a trade to do that. I doubt George and Kelly do that, but with the veterans the Golden Knights have I wouldn't be against it.
I think another part is the team just seemingly hasn't kept up with the fitness/skating program. They're not as fast as they were in the first two years and by the third period they looked gassed.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We were supposed to have a top three forward unit. I understand Tuch has played one game and the defense being what it is limits them but something needs to change, 5v5 we are not good.

That being said, if we can take this to OT and beat the Red Wings we can get off this road trip with 6 of 8 points while not playing well.

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
I think another part is the team just seemingly hasn't kept up with the fitness/skating program. They're not as fast as they were in the first two years and by the third period they looked gassed.

That seems accurate unfortunately. They don't seem as fast for sure. Not as hungry either. They have an occasional great game, but the consistency isn't there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad