GDT: Game 18: Vegas Golden Knights @ Washington Capitals | 4:00 PM | Should Have Been A Dead Poet Edition

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
That seems accurate unfortunately. They don't seem as fast for sure. Not as hungry either. They have an occasional great game, but the consistency isn't there.

They played the same way last season. Thankfully the west was shit as well. The west being shit kept them in the playoff race

This year seems different though. Vegas could find themselves in a deep hole if they dont get their act together.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That seems accurate unfortunately. They don't seem as fast for sure. Not as hungry either. They have an occasional great game, but the consistency isn't there.
It kind of goes back to my "Gallant is being too carefree with his coaching" theory. It's good to have a coach that gets along with the players but the team's fitness has pretty clearly taken a hit and I'm not sure anything is being done to address it.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
The Cody's are a +2 while together on the ice tho.

Doesn’t that number include the game with Alex Tuch? When it’s those two with Eakin how many points have they scored? Eakin has zero points when Tuch doesn’t play.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I'm liking Oshie less and less. The longer his career has gone the more he pulls dirtbag moves like this.

In hockey, it often seems you can age gracefully and decline or continue to be effective with an edge.

Sometimes the line is crossed but I won't begrudge him trying to amp up his intensity to get the most of his later career, especially with players on big contracts and a list of accomplishments coasting.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I’m not just saying this because I’m biased, though being biased is a part of it, we should trade for Leipsic, I think he could be a better fit on that line, especially when Tuch returns.

Additionally he has been more productive than anyone not named glass on the third line this season.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018

Haven’t some of the roster changes slowed the team down at least a little bit?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I’m not just saying this because I’m biased, though being biased is a part of it, we should trade for Leipsic, I think he could be a better fit on that line, especially when Tuch returns.

Additionally he has been more productive than anyone not named glass on the third line this season.

Multiple concussions in what, five weeks? Are we sure Tuch is returning before the trade deadline?

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
It kind of goes back to my "Gallant is being too carefree with his coaching" theory. It's good to have a coach that gets along with the players but the team's fitness has pretty clearly taken a hit and I'm not sure anything is being done to address it.
How do you think this team would do without Turk ?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
So beyond that would you say the third line has been good when 5 on 5?
They have been bland(scored a goal and allowed none. Definition of a line being bland).

I'd want all of our lines to start playing better though, sure the top 2 has good underlying numbers but f***, start having it show on the scoresheet with some goals. And if I had to single out players who need to step it up I'd say Marchy, Stastny, & Eakin.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
They have been bland(scored a goal and allowed none. Definition of a line being bland).

I'd want all of our lines to start playing better though, sure the top 2 has good underlying numbers but ****, start having it show on the scoresheet with some goals. And if I had to single out players who need to step it up I'd say Marchy, Stastny, & Eakin.

They need to be willing to change the second line, they haven't produced enough 5v5 and the third line has been so anemic, you can mix players from those lines to try to get them going. Instead of doing nothing at all.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

I'd want all of our lines to start playing better though, sure the top 2 has good underlying numbers but ****, start having it show on the scoresheet with some goals. And if I had to single out players who need to step it up I'd say Marchy, Stastny, & Eakin.

One goal in 18 games is bland? Every line but the third has at least marginally more possession relative to their opponents. The third has overwhelmingly more time than the rest of the team trying to get out of their defensive zone/not being able to set up in the offensive zone. That's worse than being bland. They've been a liability.

I agree with your last sentence though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad