GDT: Game 18: Sharks vs Canes 7:30pm NBCSCA Reimer in net

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
As much as I like Barabanov, I think if he performs well but Sharks are close to .500 mark or not in the playoff contention, you try to trade him for assets.
He was traded for Antti Suomela, and he has already been a giant win from that trade. I think for long term it's better to have the young guns Eklund, Bordeleau, Robins and Coe fighting for top 9 spots next year.

Reactions: stator

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
As much as I like Barabanov, I think if he performs well but Sharks are close to .500 mark or not in the playoff contention, you try to trade him for assets.
He was traded for Antti Suomela, and he has already been a giant win from that trade. I think for long term it's better to have the young guns Eklund, Bordeleau, Robins and Coe fighting for top 9 spots next year.

I think they should be fighting for those spots now. I look at it this way, it's Reimer that's keeping them from being in the cellar. Otherwise, the top vets are just not getting it done (again).

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Guys.... what the hell? I thought we had a deal?

We were supposed to win in OT not you. I thought I was clear on that?!?!
Have you *seen* our season?
We set up a tank season, and win 4 straight to start.
We cheer for a winner, we lose a bunch of games.
We go back to the tank and send 7 guys to COVID protocol? Winners again.
Get our horses back and try to build off momentum? You guessed it, lose.

I'm pretty sure the Sharks were trying to hold up their end of the bargain last night and this is what happens when they do.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
Barabanov is a great player away from the puck. When he has the puck he makes really questionable decisions.

If he's playing with Hertl he they need a winger who can execute zone entries regularly. Barabanov cannot and Hertl usually is not leading the breakout

:sarcasm:
iu

A power forward like Kane or Meier might be the best they have on the roster to complement Barabanov and Hertl.
I noticed that they seem to have Balcers playing more of a crashing/power role when he's on that line.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Have you *seen* our season?
We set up a tank season, and win 4 straight to start.
We cheer for a winner, we lose a bunch of games.
We go back to the tank and send 7 guys to COVID protocol? Winners again.
Get our horses back and try to build off momentum? You guessed it, lose.

I'm pretty sure the Sharks were trying to hold up their end of the bargain last night and this is what happens when they do.
Didn’t help when the refs broke kayfabe and gave them a pp. I bet uncle Gayr was PISSED.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
Refs will pat themselves on the back because half a PP in overtime is worth 3 regular penalties.

I think the Sharks are addicted to Ref Jose. It seems like they spend a lot of time trying to build up credit and complain for an opportune PP. That might explain why they typically don't offer a serious response to headshots. And why their offense is rather linear and predictable - trying to make it obvious when they're interfered with going in a straight line. For the same reason, the league might have a bias against them for not playing enough real hockey (among other Parros reasons). But, those sweet and infrequent shots of Ref Jose keep the Sharks going down this path. :sarcasm:

The only other team this trusting of the refs is the A's - who play lawyerball and hope they get a favorable ball/strike at the right moment in a game. 20+ years of waiting for the perfect call at the perfect time. Any moment now. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Sandisfan

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
I don't know what that means but I def don't like it. I will not pay those kinds of prices for the brick.

It’s from The Wire. I’ve never seen it so I don’t really know either(had to look it up) but I assume it’s some way of asserting dominance over the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad