Game #18: Kings vs. Sabres - 11/12/13 - Shootout Loss 3-2

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I like the shortened season cause we avoided that chamber of horror's.

Quick probably tore a groin muscle

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
The shootout is ********, win or lose it sucks and is an awful part of the NHL.

That being said, they are part of the game, and there is some strategy when it comes to what shooters to use.

How on Earth do you justify using Trevor Lewis in the shootout?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
0-4 on the PP two 4-3 in OT.

You deserve to lose a game if you botch that.

Kings were lucky to get a single point. They better hope Quick is not seriously injured.

Quick being out for two+ months would pretty much end the Kings playoff chances.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Hope Quick is not seriously hurt.

Odds are right now he's not. Since they were trying to keep him in they must not have felt it was too serious. But once he gets into the locker room and cools off they could find out it's worse. It really looked more precautionary.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Lewis was a terrible choice but it doesn't really matter. That was a nightmare scenario for Scrivens to come in for a shootout without any practice.

God, I hope Quick is ok.

Vamos Rafa

I own Voight
Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
From the GDT

kingsfan said:
If you mean you don't agree with shootouts, I agree with you. They are a stupid way to settle a game. It'd be like the NFL using a field goal kicking contest to settle a game.

I used to really celebrate shootout wins until the league downgraded them and created the ROW column.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
would love to hear the reasoning for Lewis being there. Im ok with giving random guys a shot in the shootout if they have been lighting up the game and have a hot hand or something. ****ing Lewis is so out of the hat though, i just don't get it at all

To lose a shootout without Kopitar even shooting is so bad, but whatever. At least we didn't lose in reg

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
But Lewis tried really hard ;)

And OH NOSE WE Suck again ... look for the PGT to be 40 pages long by midnight ... do we trade Kopitar, Fire Sutter, fire Lombardi, sale the team ... blow it up ;)

Alisa

Quickie fangirl
Oct 10, 2010
Orange County, Ca
I would have hardly cared if we won or lost there, just hope Quick is playing again soon. We can fill a lot of holes, but not his spot.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Anze Kopitar has lead the Kings in scoring for what, 6 straight seasons? And he watches, never able to shoot as Trevor Lewis makes a laughable attempt in the shootout.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I like the shortened season cause we avoided that chamber of horror's.

Quick probably tore a groin muscle

I think he would have known it had that of been the case. I think he just tweaked something and the trainer pulled him off to be safe. At least, that's all we can hope for. Would obviously be devastating to lose him for any real length of time, though Scrivens should get more starts, especially after tonight.

Lead Role in a Cage

Mar 27, 2008
This tops the list among embarrassing games seen as a Kings fan. Fan since 1990 and this was painful.

Nurminen and company would have spanked these Sabres, one of the worst teams the last 10-20 years or so.

Dustin Brown is once again a D Clown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad