GDT: Game #18 : KINGS vs. RED WINGS - Wednesday, 2/27/’13 @ 7:00 pm PST {NBCSN : TSN2}

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaAnimal

May 8, 2009
Pasadena
In other funnies today, Dustin Penner this morning tweeted "The first person to tell/tweet me what makes tonight's game special for me will win 2 free tix to tonight's game. #ITSamiracle"

That was then followed up a little later by this gem :laugh:

I love Pancake's personality. I forgot to throw pancakes on the ice for scoring his goal, damn.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
We have a brutal schedule in March 17 games in 31 days. We need both playing well.

Yes, but Sutter also goes with the hot hand and that's Quick, who is our starter. If you think back to last year, even if JQ had a bad game or two, Sutter still stayed with JQ so, it does seem odd to me that JB would get the start that's all. Either ways, I'm happy with both JQ and JB.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Bernier's play has earned him a regular shot. Besides with the schedule coming up in March and April the Kings are going to need both Quick and Bernier to be sharp.

Teams like Dallas that don't really have goaltending (especially when Lehtonen is out) are going to take a noticeable fall in the standings in March and April.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Yes, but Sutter also goes with the hot hand and that's Quick, who is our starter. If you think back to last year, even if JQ had a bad game or two, Sutter still stayed with JQ so, it does seem odd to me that JB would get the start that's all. Either ways, I'm happy with both JQ and JB.

Going with the hot hand is fine but JB is just as hot as JQ. And who knows maybe Sutter is learing that riding a goalie into the ground isn't the best thing and especially in this shortened season.

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
So interesting to read the DRW GDT.....you'd never know who their opponent was if you ignored the OP and the odd Kings fan here and there hadn't posted in it. There's zero discussion about their opponent. It's strange.

That being said, I feel like a win tonight goes a long way toward this team being on track to finish out the season the right way.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Going with the hot hand is fine but JB is just as hot as JQ. And who knows maybe Sutter is learing that riding a goalie into the ground isn't the best thing and especially in this shortened season.

I disagree that JB's been a hot hand. He may have a good record, but in at least 2 of his wins, he was a non-factor. Honestly, he's played one good game and that's about it.
And I'm a huge Bernier fan.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
So interesting to read the DRW GDT.....you'd never know who their opponent was if you ignored the OP and the odd Kings fan here and there hadn't posted in it. There's zero discussion about their opponent. It's strange.

That being said, I feel like a win tonight goes a long way toward this team being on track to finish out the season the right way.

Maybe the same thing here..not alot of Detroit talk. So with that in mind.

If we can pull this out in regulation it would be huge as we are 1 pint behind the wings with 2 games in hand.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
Maybe the same thing here..not alot of Detroit talk. So with that in mind.

If we can pull this out in regulation it would be huge as we are 1 pint behind the wings with 2 games in hand.

Wings fan coming in peace;

I think the lack of comments regarding the Wings opponents of late is more or less attributable to our concerns towards our team. One look at the injury list, and an assessment of the talent our team is stocked with as of late, and it should become fairly clear why many have taken to doomsday predictions.:sarcasm:

I would say your team is definitely not to be taken lightly, and I am looking forward to a good game tonight!

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I think they get the W tonight and have another strong game, like 4-1.

curious choice of broadcasters:

Dennis Bernstein ‏@DennisTFP
Someone please give me the logic of SJ Sharks TV pxp Hahn and Remenda calling DET-LAK on @NBCSN at Staples Center tomorrow night

THe reply he got basically said it's tied into being contracted by NBC and the SHarks team was the closest.

Makes no sense...

So Bob and Jim weren't available? This is one of the reasons that the NBCSN fails. Not for not using Bob and Jim, but because they will bend over backward and charter jets to get Emirk and McGuire to a Philly vs_____ [<---insert team here] game, yet send out the c,d, and e team out west to cover everyone else.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
So Bob and Jim weren't available? This is one of the reasons that the NBCSN fails. Not for not using Bob and Jim, but because they will bend over backward and charter jets to get Emirk and McGuire to a Philly vs_____ [<---insert team here] game, yet send out the c,d, and e team out west to cover everyone else.

They don't have a contract with NBC and comcast owns the bay area network so that's who we get.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I'm glad it's a 7 pm game, it will make tomorrow's wake up call a bit easier.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Two reasons national broadcast and Detroit. It puts the start of the game still in prime time in their market.

So it's money.

I feel like we take being west coast fans for granted. When east coast fans have a west coast road trip, they have to stay up until around 1 in the morning. When our team has an east coast road trip, we can watch the game as early as 4 in the afternoon. I feel bad for east coast Kings fans.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
What I see there are a lot of teams who would want our D guys. TOR and PHI maybe for Bernier.

Also keep in mind Detroit is carrying a lot of defensemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad