GDT: Game #18: Kings vs Coyotes - 7:00pm (AZ) - Scripps

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm actually ok with the team not doing anything and riding out the season with the current roster.
Yeah, I don't think we will trade for player who are close to30. We will sell off what we can for picks and maybe prospects. Can't screw up the build now.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Yeah, I don't think we will trade for player who are close to30. We will sell off what we can for picks and maybe prospects. Can't screw up the build now.
...and at what point do we have draftees where we can't sign because of the 50 contract limitations? Are we to ignore that we drafted Russians that still need to be signed? And when do we commit to winning?

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
Jesus man, look at the first line performance this year. I keep on repeating myself but everyone seems to think I'm wrong.
Cant be that your opinion is the issue, it must be everyone disagreeing with you, right?

The first line performance 5on5 is the worst on the team, downright terrible, even though our two best wingers are on that line.
Here is a thought - maybe you should also blame these best two wingers for the 5v5 issues? Keller is not playing his best hockey, very prone to turnovers and not particularly strong on the backcheck...same for Schmaltz

Is it all Hayton's fault, of course not, but the C has to carry the puck, distribute the puck etc. and Hayton hasn't being doing that. And please don't say he wins board battles, or he stands in front of the net and he should have more goals.
My opinion is that if Hayton were the issue on that line, Touringy would have made changes even before Hayton went down with injury. I think that Tourigny actually gives his first line players deeper instructions than "Score!" and everyone on that line has to work within the instructions they get from Coaching - and as long as coaching isnt dissatisfied with the the way the players play their role they dont shuffle lines around all that much. And yes, as of now I actually trust the coaching staff of the coyotes more than some HFBoards Poster opinion.

Our second and third line C's have played better than Hayton.
what is the metric by which you measured this?

Is this an good enough "educated hockey opinion" for you? For what it's worth, what is your educated hockey opinion on Hayton's prowess playing 1C
I think it's the best option the Coyotes got right at this stage. It's not ideal, but if it were easy to actually get a 1C, we would have fond memories of Chris Gratton, Daymond Langkow, Olli Jokinen, Mike Ribeiro, Derek Stepan...all players that were acquired to try to remedy the Center issues this franchise has been having for a long time.

IF he played for any other team most on this board would be calling him a bust.
Yeah, and there is nothing more objectivly true than posters on HF calling a player a bust

For a 1C it's right up there in the equation. IF Hayton played like last year I would be disappointed because I would expect more, but at least his play would be acceptable.

Maybe that isnt a hayton problem, but an issue with your expectations?

Anyway, answer or don't, I'm done spending time on your opinions.
You are perfectly fine to think of my opinions as useless, just as I am thinking of your "hockey opinons" as uneducated and not taking them seriously anymore :)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Cant be that your opinion is the issue, it must be everyone disagreeing with you, right?

Here is a thought - maybe you should also blame these best two wingers for the 5v5 issues? Keller is not playing his best hockey, very prone to turnovers and not particularly strong on the backcheck...same for Schmaltz

My opinion is that if Hayton were the issue on that line, Touringy would have made changes even before Hayton went down with injury. I think that Tourigny actually gives his first line players deeper instructions than "Score!" and everyone on that line has to work within the instructions they get from Coaching - and as long as coaching isnt dissatisfied with the the way the players play their role they dont shuffle lines around all that much. And yes, as of now I actually trust the coaching staff of the coyotes more than some HFBoards Poster opinion.

what is the metric by which you measured this?

I think it's the best option the Coyotes got right at this stage. It's not ideal, but if it were easy to actually get a 1C, we would have fond memories of Chris Gratton, Daymond Langkow, Olli Jokinen, Mike Ribeiro, Derek Stepan...all players that were acquired to try to remedy the Center issues this franchise has been having for a long time.

Yeah, and there is nothing more objectivly true than posters on HF calling a player a bust

Maybe that isnt a hayton problem, but an issue with your expectations?

Anyway, answer or don't, I'm done spending time on your opinions.
You are perfectly fine to think of my opinions as useless, just as I am thinking of your "hockey opinons" as uneducated and not taking them seriously anymore :)
Say what you want. You do have that right.

Oh the irony!
How is that irony?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad