GDT: Game 18: Germany Vs Russia | 9AM EST 3PM CET | RUS 6 - 1 GER

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I just think you have to stay on top of them, you don't allow them to play with that kind of pace. It is a repeatable effort, it is something we have seen annually at this point. You can put it as blocking shots. but they do a pretty good job of limiting their chances when they meet up. If you hang off of them and let them get comfortable you are in trouble, you can pack the middle but you need to be aggressive when the puck spills. A lot of teams get caught puck watching and stop moving their feet and Russia just kills you as soon as that happens.
You're onto it.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Stutzle reminds me of Marner at times, I love his edge work while controlling the puck.

I definitely see some Marner there and thats who I was thinking at first but agree with the post below. At 5 on 5 Stutzle moves a lot quicker than Marner does, on the PP i see Marner.

He doesn't do the quick tight dipsy doodles like him though.

Stutzles a better straight line balls out skater.

Honestly watching Stutzle skate and stick handle I think the best style comparison in the league might be McDavid. Hes obviously not the same player but he plays at such a fast pace with his hands keeping up that thats who I see when I watch him. Hes a really good passer as well. He also has that really fast first step that catches dmen off guard.

I'm open to hearing other comparisons because McDavid is McDavid but thats who I'm reminded of most

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I definitely see some Marner there and thats who I was thinking at first but agree with the post below. At 5 on 5 Stutzle moves a lot quicker than Marner does, on the PP i see Marner.

Honestly watching Stutzle skate and stick handle I think the best style comparison in the league might be McDavid. Hes obviously not the same player but he plays at such a fast pace with his hands keeping up that thats who I see when I watch him. Hes a really good passer as well. He also has that really fast first step that catches dmen off guard.

I'm open to hearing other comparisons because McDavid is McDavid but thats who I'm reminded of most
He attacks like Mcdavid.

I kind of see Gaborik myself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad