Post-Game Talk: Game 18 - Disaster at TD Garden - Sunrise 5 BRUINS 4 F/SO

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I would consider myself a very passionate fan of the Bruins, and I don't piss my trousers after something bad happens. There are many that can be mentioned the same way. When it's the same usual crew showing up to ***** and moan, I don't classify that as "passion". I classify that as "trolling".

There are clearly a lot of fans here with an agenda to be right over team success.
Fans are like the team, we have to take the good with the bad.
It's been like that since I joined. I stopped going into the GDT because of the overreaction after every little play. PGT are not as bad.

Reactions: LouJersey

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
So is this the first time a Bruins team has blown a 4 goal lead in the third period,I off hand can’t recall it happening before.I’m not going to get all freaked out about it, I kind of have a don’t care where they finish this season, just make the playoffs.But man the last 4 or 5 games are getting pretty concerning ,some of the wins were sloppy as hell.
I tend to forget those kind of games.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
While I don't agree with the "sky is falling" mentality it's 100% worse when people rag on them in a POST GAME thread. It's not a season thread, it's not a state of the team thread, etc... It's a VENTING thread. Sure there are comments to take to task, but there is a big group as well where nothing is never wrong, everything is ok, even blowing 4 goal leads. It would be better reading if both sides could maybe move towards the center a bit and have some real discussion.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Very entertaining posts.
One thought I had with both of them on the ice - I'm starting to wonder if losing Acciari disrupted Kuraly and the 4th line more than people expected. People talk about McAvoy getting going, but Kuraly has been struggling (worst +/- among forwards) and hasn't been the same clutch player as last year scoring key goals and starting several games. Acciari is what he is, but sometimes it just fits well. We'll see.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I’m still pissed off this morning that’s probably the worst regular season loss I’ve seen in person. I’m aware of where Florida is in the standings but they didn’t look good at all it wasn’t a top team roaring back.

Reactions: trenton1

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
people are complaining like we played a bad game.
that panthers comeback was nothing like the penguins one.
the panthers had no pressure.
a weak first goal. 2 gift power plays . with another weak goal in there- while not even applying pressure- then the gift last goal where bergeron was held.

the panthers were barely in our zone that 3rd period. those calls on kuraly and wagner were absolute pity attempts to get florida in the game. florida did nothing to earn those power plays.
i thought tge brujns played a great game aside from rask giving them a couple goals and our pk just sucking like tge detroit game.

Reactions: trenton1 and Rydan

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Also it’s ridiculous that we aren’t allowed to complain about Bergeron on here no matter what.

The guys a future hall of famer who also happens to have two top 10 wingers as line mates. When he’s cold he should center the third line for a couple periods and give another center a spell with them. I’m not saying he sucks and should be traded or scratched. And yes for short term fix I move him off the line before 88 or 63. I just don’t think it’s fair to the other centers that they never get ANY run with 88 and 63.

Reactions: Strafer

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
While I don't agree with the "sky is falling" mentality it's 100% worse when people rag on them in a POST GAME thread. It's not a season thread, it's not a state of the team thread, etc... It's a VENTING thread. Sure there are comments to take to task, but there is a big group as well where nothing is never wrong, everything is ok, even blowing 4 goal leads. It would be better reading if both sides could maybe move towards the center a bit and have some real discussion.

I don't think there is a single person that is ok with blowing a 4 goal lead. The difference is how people react and handle it. Some see the sky is falling and some look at it as 1 of 82 games in a season.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The next two games will be a good measuring stick for the Bs. A division rival then a stud team playing great hockey. The boys should be more focused for those games than the past several. The team is simply not staying focused for 60 mins. The coaches and players both need to do better. Hopefully we will see improvement over the next stretch of games.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
You mean like Kuraly? People said the same thing about Kuraly last year when he played on the 3rd line. You still didn't answer why he's useless though.
Adds not much to the lineup as far as offense goes and we already have several types now that can fill a bottom 6 and PK role. The guy is barely AHL material.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Very entertaining posts.
One thought I had with both of them on the ice - I'm starting to wonder if losing Acciari disrupted Kuraly and the 4th line more than people expected. People talk about McAvoy getting going, but Kuraly has been struggling (worst +/- among forwards) and hasn't been the same clutch player as last year scoring key goals and starting several games. Acciari is what he is, but sometimes it just fits well. We'll see.

I was thinking about that last night. Kuraly simply hasn't played the way we've come to expect him to play and as far as is known he is healthy so it isn't injury that is hampering his start. Chemistry is a funny thing you might not expect the subtraction of one guy to have that much impact but in this instance perhaps it has.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I was thinking about that last night. Kuraly simply hasn't played the way we've come to expect him to play and as far as is known he is healthy so it isn't injury that is hampering his start. Chemistry is a funny thing you might not expect the subtraction of one guy to have that much impact but in this instance perhaps it has.
IMO Kuraly is fortunate the B`s are so short handed up front as I think he`d be watching a few games from upstairs, not close to looking the way we have become accustomed to seeing him look

Reactions: Strafer and BMC

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Adds not much to the lineup as far as offense goes and we already have several types now that can fill a bottom 6 and PK role. The guy is barely AHL material.

Which is why he's your extra forward. If everyone is healthy he's a scratch every game. His role on the team is to be a filler when guys go down....which is what he's doing in this case.

Reactions: bbfan419

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I will say this - for the all hype Florida got they looked pretty meh. Bob sucks. Probably will make the playoffs but they're not going anywhere. Well unless they meet Toronto in round 1 then they'll make the second round but any team can do that.

Reactions: Strafer

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I will say this - for the all hype Florida got they looked pretty meh. Bob sucks. Probably will make the playoffs but they're not going anywhere. Well unless they meet Toronto in round 1 then they'll make the second round but any team can do that.

That BOB contract is look rough already.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
if the B`s take a 5-0 lead in a game then lose , wonder if they`d be the first to give up 3,4 and 5 goal leads in one season? Rather not find out in real life but wonderin`

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad