Gimme some bread , man!
Sep 30, 2007
Pickerington, OH
LOL NHL
wp_ss_20171111_0001.png

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Great stuff from Bob, but where is the offense?

And what is the plan with Milano? If he isn’t going to play here, send him to Cleveland. And the 7 Dmen shit has to end, what is the point of playing Carlsson 7 minutes at this point of his career?

Reactions: MoeBartoli

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Some people were *****ing about him just the other night (not you)(I don’t think) so I like it when shows us his Vezinas.
Gotta say that if we can't generate more offense than this, Bob will need to show his Vezinas a lot more this year. :nod:

Reactions: Socks

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I know the strategy in OT is to use a combos of a C, W and D. If the draw is won, there's a lot of time setting up and cycling. There were two occasions where I thought that after the draw, Torts should have sent out Bjork for Wennberg to be paired with Panarin who was on ice with Jones. That would have increased our chances of scoring. If a faceoffs arose, go back to Wenny or another C for the FO. (Icing is rare in OT).

Reactions: Lumbus

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC

Lumbus

Nov 25, 2016
Bob’s saves in OT (well, and the whole game...) were even more impressive in person. Everyone in my section (CBJ and Wings fans alike) just went nuts after every save, especially the 2-on-0 save. Bob won this game for us.

Milano needs to be in the lineup. Enough of this 11F/7D, especially in the last half of a back to back. He should’ve been our 5th or 6th shooter (no disrespect to JMFJ ultimately winning it).

However, in a way I can’t really hold anything against Torts... I can see why he’d basically play 3 lines/2 D pairs because the wings absolutely dominated when our 4th line and bottom 3 D were out there

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
The whole 7 d-men thing is ridiculous. Burying Milano is ridiculous. I think Torts is doing a poor job right now.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

Lumbus

Nov 25, 2016
Bob’s saves in OT (well, and the whole game...) were even more impressive in person. Everyone in my section (CBJ and Wings fans alike) just went nuts after every save, especially the 2-on-0 save. Bob won this game for us.

Milano needs to be in the lineup. Enough of this 11F/7D, especially in the last half of a back to back. He should’ve been our 5th or 6th shooter (no disrespect to JMFJ ultimately winning it).

However, in a way I can’t really hold anything against Torts... I can see why he’d basically play 3 lines/2 D pairs because the wings absolutely dominated when our 4th line and bottom 3 D were out there

And for those wondering about the new arena in Detroit... I’d still give the advantage to Nationwide Arena. Little Caesars has poor sight lines for the upper bowl (can’t see the scoreboard due to a section of seating hanging in front of them) and less leg room compared to the Joe. LCA gets the advantage for bars/restaurants around the arena though

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
The whole 7 d-men thing is ridiculous. Burying Milano is ridiculous. I think Torts is doing a poor job right now.

Agreed

Even if your winning you can't keep doing it, players will be out of gas if they make the playoffs

And as much as we all love watching Bob stand on his head, Korpi has to play more.....and has to
help the team get points

Reactions: cbjfaninmo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad