GDT: Game 18 | Columbus at Detroit | 11/11 7PM

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
What we're doing to Bobrovsky (and Korpi when he plays) is extremely unfair and unwise. They need to allow 2 or fewer goals in order for this team to win a game. That's a recipe for disaster.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
What we're doing to Bobrovsky (and Korpi when he plays) is extremely unfair and unwise. They need to allow 2 or fewer goals in order for this team to win a game. That's a recipe for disaster.
The path we are on will likely burn many players out. We are essentially deploying 3 lines a game and running them out (where a 4th line could offer at least some reprieve). Goalies have to be puck bloodhounds for this team to have a chance at winning. Problem with forwards is we have too many rookies and too few character players that can hold their own. Management getting the team younger isn't necessarily a favor in this instance

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
G Carlsson with 4:48 TOI, what is the point to dress him anyway?

I understand they like him alot. He obviously has potential, and he had a very nice stick checking play tonight. However, Nutivaara took his spot back and Harrington isn't doing anyone any good sitting on the bench for a month. In order to maximize assets and make the most sense, they either need to trade/waive Harrington or send Carlsson down. It's not a long trip back to Columbus if they need him. He should go to Cleveland. Literally the only reason I can think of to keep him here is if they promised him NHL time if he came over from Sweden, but I doubt that promise was made.

Put Milano back in the lineup. He's fallen off a cliff but he adds alot of offense when he's going. We lose some checking with him in, but frankly I am tired of Dalpe.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
And for those wondering about the new arena in Detroit... I’d still give the advantage to Nationwide Arena. Little Caesars has poor sight lines for the upper bowl (can’t see the scoreboard due to a section of seating hanging in front of them) and less leg room compared to the Joe. LCA gets the advantage for bars/restaurants around the arena though

Everybody was up in the concourses during the game. I realize now why it looks so empty on TV.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
After watching Bob channeling his inner Hasek on that 2 on 0, I think he has to stay for a long time.
Or we could trade for TB's offense and let him go.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Last year Bob faced just 5 SOG in shootouts for the whole year. This season it's 15 already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad