GDT: Game 18 Canucks host Flames Feb 13 7pm PST/ Feb 14th 4am CET/ 11 am HKT/ 2pm AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
After the Kuzma article about running out of time and how bad it made him look, perhaps Jim is trying to fly under the radar for a while.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
After the Kuzma article about running out of time and how bad it made him look, perhaps Jim is trying to fly under the radar for a while.
Just my guess....but the Canucks seemed so obsessed with making a deal with Arizona for OEL, it is possible that Benning waited too long on his other UFA's. And it might not have been all his fault, although the quote did make him look bad.

This OEL obsession has the owners fingerprints all over it. Even though it was apparent from the beginning the Canucks simply didn't have the pieces to make it happen.

That's why I've thought from the beginning that Tofoli and Markstrom are sticking more to the owner, than to the GM.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Just my guess....but the Canucks seemed so obsessed with making a deal with Arizona for OEL, it is possible that Benning waited too long on his other UFA's. And it might not have been all his fault, although the quote did make him look bad.

This OEL obsession has the owners fingerprints all over it. Even though it was apparent from the beginning the Canucks simply didn't have the pieces to make it happen.

That's why I've thought from the beginning that Tofoli and Markstrom are sticking more to the owner, than to the GM.

Jim Benning's poor time management and inability to multitask is completely his fault. Even if the owner was pushing OEL it's on him to push back and do what's best for the team.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Keep our heads down.

110% effort.

Ready to go at puck drop.

Full 60 minutes.

Get posts onto the GDT.

C'mon HFCanucks, our GDT can kick HFLames GDT's ass.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
How the f*** do you run out of time?

Honestly.

He’s such a f***ing idiot it’s literally insane he still has a job.

Anyone else, in any other job, who was as incompetent as him, would have been fired after year 2. 3 tops.

He doesn’t live in reality with his ability to run a team.

He should just go back to the only thing he wants to do: scout

But please do it somewhere else.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
FINALLY! The secret combination! The Fuhrer has unleashed his miracle weapons AT LAST! VICTORY IS OURS!
Yikes!... the most expensive fourth line probably in Canuck history, united for another game. Boy to the Canucks seriously miss Tyler Motte already.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Pettersson seems like he’s going to have a 3-4 point night soon. Juolevi has played two good games in a row now hopefully he keeps it up.

Excited for more Hoglander magic.

Reactions: Canuckle1970

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Don’t know if this is good or bad, but I’m starting to get the vibe we are going to win tonight. Thought at first the stinky boys from cowtown were going to take this one, but starting to feel differently.
3-2 for Petey and Quinn

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Green needs to start playing Pettersson more. I'm losing my mind watching the short shifts and the TV timeouts the have sutter coming on the ice.

Reactions: Kreator

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
immoral victories

ernesthemingway1-2x.jpg

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
The whole OEL craze that Benning pursued might have been a desperation move ala the Miller trade and Myers signing were the year before. Their were rumors this offseason that ownership had finally put a tight leash on Benning's spending after all the garbage contracts to middling and replacement players so essentially Benning was only allowed to spend if it was for a good player. Benning realizing their was a great chance the team could regress, and thus lose his job, focused all his attention on OEL and his potentially apocalyptic contract as a way to raise the teams ceiling.

Only predictably because it's Benning it backfired and team lost key leaders/good players that were part of the reason why they were a decent bubble team last year.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So from reading the SUBJECT of the thread the game is at 7 Vancity time right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad