GDT: Game 18 Canucks host Flames Feb 13 7pm PST/ Feb 14th 4am CET/ 11 am HKT/ 2pm AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I feel like win or lose, Petey is going to have a big game. He was really good the other night.
His best game of the season, very promising to see. Maybe some of these guys had a cold start with no training, pre season, etc.

No excuse for the team in general but maybe is some explanations

Reactions: Ginger Papa

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Bottom 6 is due for one of those “lol they’re actually scoring goals” games

Not without motte they aren't. Unless Gaudette or Virtanen scores.

Sutter is in his 30 game blackhole stretch. Beagle and Roussel don't give anything ever.

This game is on the top 6. Defense might come up with something.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks have put forth a good effort in the last two games, only to have it snatched away in the 3rd...Its a 60 minute game though, and hopefully, the Canucks bring it.

Top 6 is waking up, and the entire team is cutting down on the giveaways..

I'm guessing Marky starts for the Flames, because why not (I dont know if its the different jerseys or what, but he looks frickin huge in net..not much to shoot at)

Betelgeuse

Sep 21, 2018
Think Pettersson steps it up here and realizes if things are to change, he has to be in control. Have seen this the last few games. Also think Miller will rebound here. Boeser's S% is pretty high so might cool off but could contribute with some apples.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Think Pettersson steps it up here and realizes if things are to change, he has to be in control. Have seen this the last few games. Also think Miller will rebound here. Boeser's S% is pretty high so might cool off but could contribute with some apples.
Boeser’s sh% regression could be offset by having him shoot more..all they have to do is put him on the left side of the PP formation

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Not going to promote much hope here.
Calgary was a tired team last game and didn't get their legs until the third period.
I don't see them slowing down or Markstrom easing up.
You could tell the big effort for the Canucks last games was to improve shots on goals, a worthy effort if the shots are hard to stop, 15 shots from out around the blue line are not going get by Marky all by themsleves.

Hey here is a quirk in this game, two of Gillis's worthless pieces can decide Benning fate. Gillis knew nothing right?
Tanev and Markstrom. Oh and that kid he traded Schindes for, the Canuck's Captain

I really can't see the Canucks losing every game, they have to win one every now and then.

Everywhere I can post I have said February 15 decides if they are in or out.
Lose these two and star building for next year.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
We haven’t heard a word out of Jim Benning for awhile.
benning_wtf.0.0.jpg

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Try this TONIGHT

Hoggy Pettersson Boeser
Miller Horvat Gaudette
Pearson Sutter Macewan
Roussell Beagle Virtanen

WHY not?

Reactions: Love

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
I had no expectations of a Cup run this year or next. I just wanted to see the young core play their best, learn and grow together.
So go at it boys! Climb that Markstrom Mountain and plant your flag! :towel:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
@Ginger Papa You are awesome, love the GDT
Thanks for the kind words from you & others prior. I was going to do a Post with a humorous story board, but thought it might not be time for that in a GDT yet.

A7D8037C-02ED-4EE3-BDC0-97C464AC80DC.gif
C4C8C2BE-6464-4C76-91C7-041C91F56A78.gif

2C8523E8-C4B7-4192-ADE9-C37B5856067C.gif

2461238B-0655-4BA7-B2B0-BF644821A1EC.gif

A7D0E426-DEEA-4163-A42E-6C40C1246B7A.gif

View attachment 395956

Holtby or Demko tonight?

Thanks!

Dailyfaceoff.com (reliable) has Thatcher in, but Leftwinglock (very reliable) doesn’t have anyone confirmed yet. I do not use NHL.com anymore as they are unreliable. I’ll Post the Update once it is confirmed.

Edit: though another will likely Post sooner:)

Last edited:

Love

Feb 29, 2012
If it wasn’t for covid this would be the game where we would finally hear the “Fire Benning” chant at Rogers arena

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Not without motte they aren't. Unless Gaudette or Virtanen scores.

Sutter is in his 30 game blackhole stretch. Beagle and Roussel don't give anything ever.

This game is on the top 6. Defense might come up with something.
Defense.....defense....have the Canuck's made a trade??????????

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks are almost in 'do or die' territory already. Pretty well have to sweep the next three against the Flames.....and with Markstrom between the pipes, that isn't likely happening....a 2-2 split of the four game series gets them nowhere at this point.

I'm torn.....whenever the Canucks play, you always want them to win...but as other posters have pointed out, if the slide continues, changes could be on the horizon. At the very least, with nothing to lose maybe the Canucks start playing more of their kids and taxi-squadders. That could be all there is to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad