GDT: Game 18: Canucks @ Coyotes - 8PM - FSAZ

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

Be Nice to Canadian TV Edition!

Now we'll remember all the great Canadian television programming in honor of the 8PM home start:

I've got nothing.
And if you're about to name one don't, it's probably awful.

:nucks @ :coyotes

TV: FS-AZ
Radio: 620 AM
8:00 PM

fFekLnm.png

Goalies |
Markstrom|Smith
8474593.jpg
|
8469608.jpg
[

Notes and such:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
You have no appreciation for Caddyshack quotes? Vancouver native chimes in:

and-he-says-qd2s92.jpg

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
1) 8 p.m. start the night before I have to wake up early to do a bunch of cooking
2) Team looks like garbage
3) I have discovered that Fallout 4 no longer runs like garbage on my computer
4) I had an emotional breakdown this morning talking about refereeing when I lived in the valley and don't want to be reminded of hockey

Options:
a) Alcohol
b) Skip this game
c) Skip the rest of the season
d) ???
e) All of the above

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Due to voodoo magic?

Patching, I guess. I'm running the exact same hardware, except I have Windows 10 instead of Windows 7 now (I doubt that makes a big difference though). I had last played last December, after getting the game as a Christmas gift on Steam, played a few hours, got to Diamond City (the main in-game city) and my framerate imploded. I had to leave for work around the time that happened, so I gave up, and didn't play again until this last weekend. When I got to Diamond City this time, my framerate was just fine (I mean, my rig's kinda meh by now, so I have graphics settings on low, but it's been smooth and playable even in very large/populated areas that require a lot of CPU power).

:dunno:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
10pm my time. I'm in Baltimore. So this is a no go for me. I'm going to need rundowns. :)

Out shot heavily, multiple defensive breakdowns, give aways, and odd man breaks. The lender of goats for the Coyotes decided the game. Tippett thinks we need to improve our execution. Duclair had less icetime than Doan who needs slack to find his game. Lines were juggled.

Sleep easy.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Out shot heavily, multiple defensive breakdowns, give aways, and odd man breaks. The lender of goats for the Coyotes decided the game. Tippett thinks we need to improve our execution. Duclair had less icetime than Doan who needs slack to find his game. Lines were juggled.

Sleep easy.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I expect. A bunch of my friends are going to a big event at ASU, so I'm just gonna do that, instead of driving all the way down to watch that trainwreck.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Yeah, that's pretty much what I expect. A bunch of my friends are going to a big event at ASU, so I'm just gonna do that, instead of driving all the way down to watch that trainwreck.

Guaranteed 4-0 win for us then, no?? ........ :naughty:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'll this game on the second screen, hawks sharks game on the main. Shocking how quickly so many of us have lost interest. No wonder this team has no casual fans, even us hard cores are indifferent at this point.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'll this game on the second screen, hawks sharks game on the main. Shocking how quickly so many of us have lost interest. No wonder this team has no casual fans, even us hard cores are indifferent at this point.

50/50 chance the team is even ready to play in the first period

Good chance of frustrating lines

Small chance of skill

Same **** for the past few years. At least they used to be decent enough to have a hot start and temporarily excite.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
50/50 chance the team is even ready to play in the first period

Good chance of frustrating lines

Small chance of skill

Same **** for the past few years. At least they used to be decent enough to have a hot start and temporarily excite.
Yup. The reasons are obvious, but I'm still shocked at how many of us on here, who are pretty damn hardcore, are burned out.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I'm going to try to watch. I would have gone tonight being off tomorrow but the disappointing lines resulting in the even more boring action on the ice than normal made me opt for staying home so it will be easy to turn off. Hope it's at least worth watching on my computer.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
It's one thing to be the worst team after almost a quarter of the season. It's quite another to lack any sort of string of wins to point at and see where things might improve in the next 60.

The "best" stretch is the one they are on now points wise, though I would not argue it is on-ice play wise. Certainly the Calgary game was dreck despite getting a point. Think they had a grand total of 4 scoring chances. The Vancouver and San Jose games were more competitive but still had disproportionately large stretches of each game where the Coyotes were in full on turtle mode and not by design. If people could look at a run of 4 games where the team was playing well I think attitudes would be different :)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Yup. The reasons are obvious, but I'm still shocked at how many of us on here, who are pretty damn hardcore, are burned out.

I remember the Gretzky years, post 'glory days'. Don't get me wrong, those rosters were absolute trash, but they were trash that was largely without a future. It was a lot easier to stomach, almost like watching an expansion team. Except without the good drafting and eventual glory part.

It's a lot more depressing to watch pretty good players like Domi, Duclair, and OEL flounder in this nonsense.

Had a playoff team in his early years. A good team that played the system. Then suffering. Then dismantling. Now, more suffering.

The "best" stretch is the one they are on now points wise, though I would not argue it is on-ice play wise. Certainly the Calgary game was dreck despite getting a point. Think they had a grand total of 4 scoring chances. The Vancouver and San Jose games were more competitive but still had disproportionately large stretches of each game where the Coyotes were in full on turtle mode and not by design. If people could look at a run of 4 games where the team was playing well I think attitudes would be different :)

This team is more talented than those early Tippett teams and yet they routinely get run over or don't even show up to play.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
It's one thing to be the worst team after almost a quarter of the season. It's quite another to lack any sort of string of wins to point at and see where things might improve in the next 60.

Yup, agreed all around. The coyotes seem to encourage apathy from the fans. I'm not condemning the attitude at all for the record, I'm there too. I'll be watching the hawks sharks game much closer than the yotes game.

For anyone who doesn't watch the Wednesday night rivalry night games on nbc sports, you should. It's refreshing to see how entertaining real hockey is, and I'm not just saying that as a shot at the yotes. All I watched was coyote hockey for a while and I honestly forgot how exciting it can be. .

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Craig Janney mentioned on the broadcast, deserves more credit in the throwback Coyotes recognition area :thumbu:

Jamie McGinn on a microphone? Hmmm...

EDIT: Chychrun out, KConn in.

I like that the team is making these things this season:
Cx_nubiVQAAFqid.jpg

Last edited:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

That's just it. It's one thing to lose, and another to not look like we're trying. Our "best" stretch is entirely due to goaltending, not "execution".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad