Post-Game Talk: GAME 18 - B's have a Rocky Mountain low and worry about the Captain - Avs 6 BRUINS 3 FINAL

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Obviously... but to your point it'll be interesting to see if Zboril or Clifton make any difference.
They just need to not make mistakes. I don’t think they will make a difference as the coach will be giving them strict orders so to speak.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Is this a shot at Z? Listen, the guy has limitations with his speed and mobility at this juncture, he makes mistakes... but look at what happened last night without him? Our D when all healthy can handle life without Z, I believe that.... but right now? It's not going to be pretty.

It was more about one less D vs Chara out

One less D will handicap any lineup

Lets see on Friday if the Bruins can play any worse

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Stay the coarse and just suck up the injuries and get 3 rd place in the Atlantic. We are facing the leafs it's destined . Debrusk will take them out part 2.
Yeah that’s pretty much the way I feel . I hope the Bruins can stay fairly close to Tampa and Toronto but in the end it’s looking like the Bruins will finish 3rd . Get healthy, make a deal at the deadline and get ready for the Leafs .

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Yeah that’s pretty much the way I feel . I hope the Bruins can stay fairly close to Tampa and Toronto but in the end it’s looking like the Bruins will finish 3rd . Get healthy, make a deal at the deadline and get ready for the Leafs .

Toronto is without Matthews atm, and Tampa just lost Vasilevsky so it gives us a fighting chance to keep pace with them.

I think the real question on the board is how management is going to deal with the deep problems inherent in the roster. We can get to the playoffs if we can get and stay healthy, but playoffs I am not sure about. When we lose, we lose big. When we win, we win big.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Toronto is without Matthews atm, and Tampa just lost Vasilevsky so it gives us a fighting chance to keep pace with them.

I think the real question on the board is how management is going to deal with the deep problems inherent in the roster. We can get to the playoffs if we can get and stay healthy, but playoffs I am not sure about. When we lose, we lose big. When we win, we win big.

What “deep problems inherent in the roster”??

I think if they add a legit Top 6 RW and move Nordstrom down to the 4th line, this roster is as good as anybody’s on paper, except Tampa. I’m not sure if B’s fans have noticed, but nearly every team in the league has issues with secondary scoring.

These injuries suck, but it has also shown that the B’s probably have 9/10 legit NHL caliber D when healthy:

Chara, McAvoy, Krug, Carlo, Moore, Grizz, Miller, Kampfer, UV, Lauzon

There are not many teams that can boast that kind of depth on D, and the B’s can use it to address any deep inherent problems on the roster in other areas (if they wish).

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

I think if they add a legit Top 6 RW and move Nordstrom down to the 4th line, this roster is as good as anybody’s on paper, except Tampa. I’m not sure if B’s fans have noticed, but nearly every team in the league has issues with secondary scoring.

These injuries suck, but it has also shown that the B’s probably have 9/10 legit NHL caliber D when healthy:

There are not many teams that can boast that kind of depth on D, and the B’s can use it to address any deep inherent problems on the roster in other areas (if they wish).

I like JFK but for right now the Bruins need a real 3C

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa

I think 2W could be filled internally this season by one of the kids on the cusp even if it's one of the young centers for just the end of this year. 3C I'm more worried about because if we lose a top 2 C we have no one that can come close to filling in, JFK might be alright as 3C but he isn't great and can't move up the lineup as a C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad