Post-Game Talk: GAME 18 - B's have a Rocky Mountain low and worry about the Captain - Avs 6 BRUINS 3 FINAL

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-11-15_0-31-36.png

upload_2018-11-15_0-32-6.png

:bruins:avs

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI BRUINS

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
First 40 was fine. Absolutely horrid 3rd period though. I'm sure every stat would back that up.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Rask will be in next game, that’s for sure. Hopefully a few of the Bruins d-men are close to returning.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Krug and Grizz are good soldiers out there, they tried their best but neither is built to eat those kind of minutes in the defensive zone and on the PK. Lauzon looked okay, but also like a rookie D man as you'd expect. Moore was fine, Kampfer was a disaster, that's 3 poor games from him in a row. Depending on injury news, it will be those five plus Zboril in Dallas. Not a good look :scared:

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Yeah... we're in big trouble with this defense core while we wait for guys to get healthy, wouldn't be surprised to see a decent slide down the standings.

Hoping for Rask to get real hot for a decent stretch here to help the guys out.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I know a few players are close to returning, but at what point do they simply run out of NHL caliber bodies on D?

Their defense Friday:

Grzelcyk-Moore
Krug-Kampfer
Lauzon-Zboril

Who is the 7th D?

That is PUTRID.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Remember the Phili series???

All defebseman in 18
games have been injured other then Moore. What a pick up.

Chara is a great leader, hopefully he isn't out for long.

Also anyone other then Kampfer please. Defensive gaffs and penalties is all he is good for. Bring up Zboril, he can't be worse.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Yeah... we're in big trouble with this defense core while we wait for guys to get healthy, wouldn't be surprised to see a decent slide down the standings.

Hoping for Rask to get real hot for a decent stretch here to help the guys out.

I have a feeling Rask will go into beast mode

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I know a few players are close to returning, but at what point do they simply run out of NHL caliber bodies on D?

Their defense Friday:

Grzelcyk-Moore
Krug-Kampfer
Lauzon-Zboril

Who is the 7th D?

That is PUTRID.

JRull86 is now the 7th d man, hahaha but not funny at all.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Man, seems like every shot Heinen takes this year is off the glass. Last year he was lethal.

I had a feeling the B’s would drop this one. I figured both top lines would be good but our D was too banged up. Still, 4 posts in the first period had me doubting that prediction, but the loss of Chara was the last straw.

I miss Soderberg. He’s a terrific, heavy, two way 3rd line C.

For all the talk of Colorado’s speed, I though we skated with them just fine, it was their physical play that had a bigger impact IMO. Big hits on Pasta, Krejci, DeBrusk, Marchand... just complete, shut down the rush, type hits and we didn’t have a similar answer when Rantanen went the other way.

As brilliant as Halak has been all season, this wasn’t his best, with two goals breaking off him and dribbling in.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Dallas then Arizona Friday and Saturday, then Detroit on Wednesday.

One of the injured d men have to be ok in a week?

Split the week with an AHL defense and roll on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad