Post-Game Talk: Game 18 - BRUINS 4 Wild 2 - Loui tames the Wild!

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Just got to watch the game. King Loui, I hope a lot of people are happily eating crow! I think if DS can get him at a good number he stays but if he makes contact with the Loui camp and they want something long and expensive then he'll ship him out, but I think Loui wants to be in Boston. Can't remember where I read it but it was around TD last year where in an article it said "he is very happy in Boston" when their was rumours of Chia sending him. Not saying he will take a discount but we may be able to meet somewhere where both teams are happy, we have a lot of cap clearing out this season too.

Bruins looked on it tonight. I think Claude should give Gus more duties at this stage, give him a few starts in succession while hes hot. Not meaning that in a bad way for Tuukka but Gus is playing well, and it seems the Bs at current play better when hes in net, I give him the green light for the leafs if im Clode but I doubt he will.

I love it when the Bs look engaged and interested and when they play that way they are easily a match for any team in this league. It just absolutely infuriates me that we don't get this on a consistent basis cos the East is there for the taking, but they're doing their best job at letting it slip. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction, bring on the Leafs and going on a burn!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
watched Lauzon and team QMJHL beat the Russian team (ho hum 3 pt night and strong 3 zone play from Lauzon)

Nice to see our boys collect 2 pts

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
watched Lauzon and team QMJHL beat the Russian team (ho hum 3 pt night and strong 3 zone play from Lauzon)

Have you seen his season stats? Hes like the assist overlord of the hockey universe. Ray Jnr!

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
team looked much better without K. Miller, no one saw that coming... Hopefully they keep these guys together for a few games and we can get on a roll. I like Trotman next to Chara a lot and hopefully he gets more comfortable there as the year goes on.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
team looked much better without K. Miller, no one saw that coming... Hopefully they keep these guys together for a few games and we can get on a roll. I like Trotman next to Chara a lot and hopefully he gets more comfortable there as the year goes on.

i think it was more that they just play better in front of gus.

and gus made some saves

Jeff077

Aug 2, 2005
Perth, Ontario

I really liked his game a couple nights ago as well. The kid is a player and could end up being a steal, although he still was a 2nd round pick.
Some legit young talent on D coming down the pipeline for the B's.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
As much as it sucks to have some fans hate on our favorite players... the concept of trading high is valid (if a trade is warranted in the first place).

Generally true, except for some reason it only applies to certain players. Can't trade Chara, Bergeron, Rask or Krejci, you know?

I get that trading high v low is a valid concept. Where it doesn't make sense is when the player to be traded is contributing to the success of the team. It degrades the team unless the returning player can jump right in and contribute to the same degree as the outgoing player, which is unlikely.

The only reason to move Eriksson right now would be due to a complete rebuild. And if that's the case, then perhaps you also move Chara, Rask and Krejci because, you know, complete rebuild.

Frankly, I would probably never move Bergeron. He's the true captain, the heart and soul of this club. Yeah, yeah, I know...what if I could get Stamkos and Sequin and Kane and Toews and every other top notch player in return? I'll go ahead and say sure only because it'll never happen like that.

hooked

Jul 6, 2005
#2 star for me last night was Beleskey. Watched from second period on live but had to catch the first period at midnight. He brought it.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Even folks in Minneapolis took their hats off for King Loui III:

d3fc4015e79679f0b1b77dca0f2676bd.jpg

I'm guessing less then 50% of this board get this.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Generally true, except for some reason it only applies to certain players. Can't trade Chara, Bergeron, Rask or Krejci, you know?

I get that trading high v low is a valid concept. Where it doesn't make sense is when the player to be traded is contributing to the success of the team. It degrades the team unless the returning player can jump right in and contribute to the same degree as the outgoing player, which is unlikely.

The only reason to move Eriksson right now would be due to a complete rebuild. And if that's the case, then perhaps you also move Chara, Rask and Krejci because, you know, complete rebuild.

Frankly, I would probably never move Bergeron. He's the true captain, the heart and soul of this club. Yeah, yeah, I know...what if I could get Stamkos and Sequin and Kane and Toews and every other top notch player in return? I'll go ahead and say sure only because it'll never happen like that.

For me moving Loui really depends on what they plan on doing with him next year. I don't think we are a cup team this year, so do we keep him for the next few years or do we decide that Loui, Marchand, and Beleskey is too much money tied in left wings. Alternatively do we think we have enough in RW with Pasta, Hayes, and Connolly and who is the odd man out if Vetrano wins a spot on the roster. Loui is probably going to be on the decline the entire contract and it's going to be a more expensive contract. Can we get him on a deal that will bridge the time between now and the next group of wingers, without getting handcuffed by his contract in a couple of years?

Because if we aren't sure about how he fits on the team in the future he is an extremely valuable trade chip. DS hopefully has an idea about what he wants to do. I change opinion day to day as to whether I think it's better to keep or trade. Marchand I think is less likely to be traded because he is a bigger face of the franchise, winning the cup with us(assuming we don't want 15-18mil tied up in LW).

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
That was a very solid win by the bruins. I bet you can mark that as one of the best all around games boston plays this year. Good stuff.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
i still think don trades loui, the lure of the haul will be to great , but hopefully it turns into a antoine vermette type of situation. and i like loui ive been singing his praise all this year.. just the smartest player on the ice. no one on here is mentioning how good of a game spooner had , (i actually thought he had been playing pretty good before this) i just think claude is in his head too much . great win

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Man I really love this team, sans K. Miller I think this is a great team to build around. Pasta, Spooner, Connolly, Trotman, C. Miller, Vetrano, Randell can use this year to work on there games and get more comfortable in the NHL and maybe sneak into the playoffs. I think this core will start making some noise next year, hopefully with Morrow taking over Seidenberg's spot giving us a mobile well rounded very young D going forward.

I'm really excited to see what they can do tomorrow.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I can't see trading Eriksson. He is one of the best if not the best forward on this team.

Nobody knows what the situation at the trade deadline is going to be, teams might be more in need of defensemen than wingers. If that is the case the Bruins won't get that much for him. It is possible that there will be a strong need for wingers but even then the probability of the Bruins landing a high draft pick in return for him is uncertain at best. And IMO that is what they would have to get back to justify trading him, based on his play this season.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
What's the value of a 25 goal scorer at the deadline ? Thats the question, I still think they will move him and not resign him. Hope he keeps this up in a contract year and he cashes in just not here.

I think it will a mistake not to sign him. He is a all 3 zone player, penalty killer, power play guy. We have to pay for a guy like that, either keep him or get someone else who has the same skill set and pay anyway.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I can't see trading Eriksson. He is one of the best if not the best forward on this team.

Nobody knows what the situation at the trade deadline is going to be, teams might be more in need of defensemen than wingers. If that is the case the Bruins won't get that much for him. It is possible that there will be a strong need for wingers but even then the probability of the Bruins landing a high draft pick in return for him is uncertain at best. And IMO that is what they would have to get back to justify trading him, based on his play this season.

I can see Loui having a very good year and getting 6 plus, are we going to pay that? Not sure....

BigBadBruins63*

Move Loui at the TD. Get a haul for him, if they're out of it of course.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Loui Ertrickson

The guy has been an absolute stud the past two seasons. Lots of people got on his case for not producing as offensively as advertised, however, when he wasn't producing on the score sheet he was always doing the little things right. He wasn't like a Lucic, who would produce for 3 games, then take 5 games off and be absolutely invisible. Loui was always visible on the ice, imo.

Glad he's finally being rewarded offensively. He's a key part of this team, I'd even make the argument that he's our 3rd most important forward behind Bergeron & Krejci.

KING LOUI.

Also, Tyler Randell. I love that guy... i'm still laughing at how pissed he was at Carter last night. I legit thought he was going to rip his head off his shoulders and punt it into the 14th row.

sirmaxalot

Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
Loui Ertrickson

The guy has been an absolute stud the past two seasons. Lots of people got on his case for not producing as offensively as advertised, however, when he wasn't producing on the score sheet he was always doing the little things right. He wasn't like a Lucic, who would produce for 3 games, then take 5 games off and be absolutely invisible. Loui was always visible on the ice, imo.

Glad he's finally being rewarded offensively. He's a key part of this team, I'd even make the argument that he's our 3rd most important forward behind Bergeron & Krejci.

KING LOUI.

Also, Tyler Randell. I love that guy... i'm still laughing at how pissed he was at Carter last night. I legit thought he was going to rip his head off his shoulders and punt it into the 14th row.

I don't disagree. He is a very important piece that is often underrated or overlooked.

The game Seguin buried us with a trick, Loui scores twice and is merely a footnote.

Glad to see him still pushing his game further this season.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Wasn't it less than a year ago that some proposed a Loui for Kassian trade? Yikes.

Nice win yesterday. The Bruins were the much better team but I was still a little nervous because we have seen them continually let teams back in games. Seeing them hold off an opponent and actually extend a lead was great. The PK pitching a shutout was also nice to see and much needed.

This team is going to be inconsistent but at least I enjoy watching them, which is more than I can say about last year's edition.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I honestly can't see this team without Loui on it. Even when things weren't going well he gave it his all.

Those concussions reminded me of Bergy's. The initial one then the second tho Bergy ran into Seids versus being hit like Loui.

It took Bergy a full season to get back and it seems the same can be said of Loui. The Olympics was when the real Loui started to reemerge. It has been a treat to watch him this year.

Loui is showing up on the scoreboard but he has not let the little things fall by the wayside which can happen to some guys. He's in the dirty areas, playing physical and been one bright spot on the PK. He and Kempper seem to have some chemistry which I hope translates into improved numbers..

Being last on the PK really ticks me off. I love being first on the PP but the PK is where this team's roots are. I'm also a real sucker for a strong defensive game (thanks dad lol).

They've always responded well to an embarrassing game and harsh words so we shall see how they do tomorrow.

I will say that I loved Hayes and Marchand getting into it in the first period and of all people, Brett Connolly getting really snarly in the last seconds of the game. Can't forget Matt Beleskey's tune up either.

I agree with Wally. If they had truly tuned out Claude, last night wouldn't have happened.

I am worried about Vatrano and am anxious to see who gets called up. Pasta can't be rushed back. Foot fractures are a royal pain in the butt and they are easily re-injured. Can't have that happen post all star break if they want to make a run towards the post season.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Really solid game. It's crazy what happens when you don't have K. Miller making idiotic turnovers at really bad times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad