Post-Game Talk: Game 18 - BRUINS 4 Wild 2 - Loui tames the Wild!

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
Lou Lou Lou keeps rocking :handclap:,
I love watching Lou&Colin play, I just really don't get that no matter how well Colin plays he plays around 14-16mins per game when mjeh Trotman loggs +20 mins per night :shakehead

I hope I don't see Kevan in the lineup anymore, defense was much much better today.

No comes the real test with games against division rivals, this team has me so confused.

+Arizona is beating Montreal!! :handclap:

Hey, you almost jinxed it!!!! :rant: lol

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
1) He made one bad pass to Bergeron. It's not your fault, but the "fancy back pass" wasn't all that fancy, and if you were not at the game, you would not be able to see that just prior to the pass, Bergeron fell down coming through the NZ and was not where he should have been. If Bergeron stays on his feet, that was a perfect drop pass.

2) The penalty was BS. I know he has brought it on himself, but I have never seen a guy get called for more ticky-tack **** by the refs, while at the same time they allow opposing guys to have their way with 63, and don't call a thing. This stuff really needs to stop, as there are far worse "divers" in the league than Marchand.

My overall point still stands. I take a 28 yr old Marchand over a 31 yr old Loui. It's going to take a couple of years IMO before the B's are legit SC contenders and Loui will be 33 by then. Move him for a young NHL player at a position of need (and a pick/prospect) at the deadline.

He made a pass on a 3 on 1 or 3 on 2 in the final period where he passed it to Bergeron who would have had an empty net, just in front of the goal, but the pass was behind Patrice's skates. Another drop pass to Krug when he had a good opportunity to snipe it or shoot for a rebound for Hayes to pot in.

Yes, I agree he gets called for ticky-tack stuff, but he also could be called for some other things he does that the refs let go. Besides, we all know of his reputation, it's part of who he is as a player. Even if all the penalties he ever got were unfair, they would still factor in when it comes to evaluating his total value. I also agree that he takes a lot of punishment, a season or two ago I saw him take three consecutive cross-checks to various parts of the body, and not even wince - no call. Then the next shift he took a dive and drew a cheap call for a PP.

Sad to say he's brought it on himself, but hopefully the referees will notice if he reduces the frequency of his antics. A snow spray called in the first 10 seconds of the second period in a game 7 is ridiculous, but he has to get smarter and realise these things.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Loui is a very smart player and performs well in all threes zones. I prefer Marchand because of his age and skating ability, but that being said, there will be a lot of interest in Eriksson if the B's make him available.

Yep, love the way he`s playing and while I wouldn`t have huge issues if he`s re-signed, Marchand`s my first priority, the next best alternative is him (Loui) playing this well, his value increasing for a strong return. good spot to be in for Sweeney

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad