GDT: Game #17: Washington Capitals @ St. Louis Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Fun hockey game to watch. We are really on a roll, and we face a tough opponent in Boston next game. Hopefully we can keep it up

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I dont think he's been an issue and you cant have an All-Star everywhere. This team is getting set to win 10 out of 11 games and nearing the top of the West. Of course we'd like to see more production or grit from some players, but this is a skill team now, got to live with it.

Sounding like DET fans when they were winning Cups around here..

If we win the cup, I will change my stance, lol

steap

Aug 15, 2008
Novosibirsk, Russia
I feel your pain - most of time I don't have guts not to go to sleep (or wakeup, if you like) before 5(or 4) AM.
The last season was better. I guess there were a dozen of games in weekends that started about 11PM or noon at Moscow time. Good thing the next weekend is an exception.
Anyway, thanks to Gamecenter (streams HD-video bad as hell in Russia, though) and torrents. With them at least I can pretend that I see the games in "live".
I haven't got any problems with gamecenter. It streams HD perfect.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Strong game, all 4 forward lines are solid. Shattgunn is outstanding, Cojax was solid. Still kinda "cruising" to wins, but still a solid solid game. Other then that turd goal Ells was good, everybody gets 1.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Today was the first game this season where I was happy with Berglund's performance. He was noticeable on both ends of the ice. Keep playing like this and my opinion of him will certainly change.

Tarasenko didn't look as engaged tonight like he usually is, not a big deal though, he shouldn't have to carry the team every game.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Today was the first game this season where I was happy with Berglund's performance. He was noticeable on both ends of the ice. Keep playing like this and my opinion of him will certainly change.

Tarasenko didn't look as engaged tonight like he usually is, not a big deal though, he shouldn't have to carry the team every game.

Bullseye on his back. He Still did all the little things right and his linemates snagged 4pts.

Old Blueser

Jan 28, 2012
Still not sure why Lindstrom plays over Jaskin (roster issues aside)...he doesn't do that much and Jaskin is a bigger, more energetic player, which seems more like the profile Steen-Statsny need. Minor beef.

Good win, defense looks more settled with Gunnarson at full(-ish) strength. I can't believe how good Lehtera looks in the NHL, too bad he didn't come last year.

Oh, and with his -35 last year, and his general un-coachable, cherry-picking attitude, I am totally ready for Ovechkin to go back to Russia. Other than scoring goals he's basically Steve Avery. Except he gets NBA-style star treatment from the refs. End rant.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

Berglund should have had 2 goals in the game, and could have had 3 or 4! He was all over the ice, skating hard, playing physical, knocking opponents off the puck and into the boards, winning puck battles, winning races to the puck, great on the forecheck and backcheck. I'd like to see him play like this a LOT more often. he's better on the wing.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
So Tarasenko doesn't score and we still dominate. That's what we were counting on from this depth. I've got a good feeling about the BOB line. Berglund sounded like he played great. Oshie sounds like he's back to his old self too.

That's two lines established with one to go. Your turn Stastny line.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
So Tarasenko doesn't score and we still dominate. That's what we were counting on from this depth. I've got a good feeling about the BOB line. Berglund sounded like he played great. Oshie sounds like he's back to his old self too.

That's two lines established with one to go. Your turn Stastny line.

Stastny line looked great tonight. They had several shifts with long sustained pressure.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Anyway, thanks to Gamecenter (streams HD-video bad as hell in Russia, though) and torrents.
Weird. Works excellent for me. I've heard that some ISP's are cutting the speed of streaming videos and other heavy content, maybe that's the matter.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Still not sure why Lindstrom plays over Jaskin (roster issues aside)...he doesn't do that much and Jaskin is a bigger, more energetic player, which seems more like the profile Steen-Statsny need. Minor beef.

Good win, defense looks more settled with Gunnarson at full(-ish) strength. I can't believe how good Lehtera looks in the NHL, too bad he didn't come last year.

Oh, and with his -35 last year, and his general un-coachable, cherry-picking attitude, I am totally ready for Ovechkin to go back to Russia. Other than scoring goals he's basically Steve Avery. Except he gets NBA-style star treatment from the refs. End rant.

I'd like to try Jaskin with Staz to see if anything clicks.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Weird. Works excellent for me. I've heard that some ISP's are cutting the speed of streaming videos and other heavy content, maybe that's the matter.

I occasionally have issues with MTS, but it's fine for the most part.

This or even give Rattie a shot with them. He had a hat trick tonight and leads the AHL with 10 goals.

He's had a good start to the season, but he still needs more time in the AHL to develop. The earliest we should be looking at Rattie is the end of the season, but I think that might be a little optimistic as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad