1eUGZAF.png

mCWNvGP.png

Goaltending Matchup

VKR4EAu.png

NHL.com Game Preview

[NHL]671903[/NHL]

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
We've lost both games vs Caps last season, right?
I want their ***** beaten this time.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Just a curious passerby, what's been up with Bouwmeester? Hasn't been getting the breaks offensively or something more?

Also good luck tonight, have been meaning to watch the Tarasenko show in action.

Last edited:

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Just a curious passerby, what's been up with Bouwmeester? Hasn't been getting the breaks offensively or something more?

Also good lucky tonight, have been meaning to watch the Tarasenko show in action.

shatty and gunnarson play with the stl line the most, hence shattys points. no one else is scoring a lot up front, so jbo and pie dont get rewarded as well on the scoreboard for driving play up ice

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I have to admit, I was surprised to see that Washington and St Louis have pretty identical Shots and Shots Allowed per game averages. I bet by the end of the season Trotz is going to have this as a team no one wants to face in the playoffs...and they will qualify.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Most of the time he does that, it doesn't bother me because the Blues are up by a couple goals and it's worth the risk. I think only once has he done that when the Blues were only up by one and it was definitely on net, but spun just wide. But I definitely know where you're coming from. Last night, Oshie iced the puck late in the game when I think he definitely didn't need to and I was groaning.
Responding to rumrockh:

No, I can count at least twice and I want to say three times this season Pietro iced the puck trying for an ENG when the Blues were up by one. Once Panger even commented on being surprised Hitchcock didn't blow a gasket. But it wasn't the first time he'd done it, and I was disappointed with the decisions.

I think Oshie iced the puck entirely on purpose because the defense was gassed (and the team took a subsequent time out). It wouldn't surprise me if the bench didn't yell to do it, but even if they didn't it was a smart move to ice it and use the time out since they had it. I didn't even think Oshie was trying to shoot that on net, just flung it down there.

On the one side, I'm glad Pietro is confident in himself that he can make that shot....but I'm frustrated that his decision-making is a bit lacking. Its part of a larger pattern of being not fully up to speed mentally so far this season, at least not consistently. I think it'll come.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Looking at the lineup, it would appear that Lindstrom is your 1st line RW? Or should the STL line be at the top?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
shatty and gunnarson play with the stl line the most, hence shattys points. no one else is scoring a lot up front, so jbo and pie dont get rewarded as well on the scoreboard for driving play up ice
More like Petro and Bouwmeester just haven't been driving the play up the ice as well, it's not like they're just not getting rewarded. Shattenkirk is outplaying both of them.

Petro and J-Bo both need to be better. Bouwmeester was dealing with an illness for a while so I'll give him a pass for that, but his offense has been very subpar.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Beagle on the top line? Did they rehire Dale Hunter? Why would they do that?

I was highly critical of the contracts they gave to Niskanen and Orpik(especially Orpik), but their defense looks much better with them.

The few games I've seen of the Caps, Burakovsky has looked awesome. Probably won't touch Forsberg in the Calder run, but the season he's been having is pretty incredible for a rookie.

Go Blues! I'll predict a 3-1 W.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Gotta work again tonight, the Caps beat us both times they played the Blues last season. So hopefully that's a motivating factor for the fellas tonight that leads to a Blues win. Lets Go Blues!

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Peters in net should make this game slant our way a bit. He's not played too well this year.

Looking forward to seeing how this full line up builds on itself.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
More like Petro and Bouwmeester just haven't been driving the play up the ice as well, it's not like they're just not getting rewarded. Shattenkirk is outplaying both of them.

Petro and J-Bo both need to be better. Bouwmeester was dealing with an illness for a while so I'll give him a pass for that, but his offense has been very subpar.

they definitely need to be better, but you can't really deny that when they do drive the play up ice, the other 3 lines that aren't stl can't do anything with it

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Not that Kuznetsov is the best player or anything, but I was under the impression when a player's single greatest asset is primarily slanted to the offensive side of things, usually you don't put them on the energy line.

But what do I know? My brain gets less blood than his does because I'm cursed with having to pump that through this thing known as a neck...

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Armageddon already?
I swear, if I have to hear the ghost of Steven Tyler singing more crap I'm overloading Joe Perry's amps.

Don't destroy a perfectly good amplifier on account of that bag of skin. If his music doesn't appeal to you just put on some headphones with some actual good music, like Styx

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Don't destroy a perfectly good amplifier on account of that bag of skin. If his music doesn't appeal to you just put on some headphones with some actual good music, like Styx
I figured that was going to be blared all across the world when Bruce Willis has to emote into a camera to Tyler's daughter and Billy Bob Thornton from atop an asteroid.

I suppose I could just load up some "We Built This City" though to offset it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad