GDT: GAME 17 | SENS @ FLAMES | 10PM CBC? maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Karlsson was solid tonight he was covering up a lot for other players on the ice

Andy needs to be better and our possession is weak especially in the 2nd periods

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
To call karlsson useless tonight is a terrible stretch he did good things. Just not things a captain/"generational"/ "elite" franchise players should/could do. The Sens need him at that level. But I'm sure he misses having spezza as an option on the rush. As well as spezza dragging opposition out of lane for him to rush the puck up. Just a little adjustment time.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Why are we criticizing Karlsson tonight? Because he didn't get 5 goals and lead us to victory?

We lost because Anderson couldn't adjust his puck handling to Calgary's forecheck and our absolutely pathetically drawn up power play.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Why are we criticizing Karlsson tonight? Because he didn't get 5 goals and lead us to victory?

We lost because Anderson couldn't adjust his puck handling to Calgary's forecheck and our absolutely pathetically drawn up power play.

I don't know about everyone else, but I don't expect any one player to score 5 goals in a game, especially a defenceman. That being said, Karlsson has to be better. It's not just tonight. He seems off this year. He's had more bad games than good I think. He also has the "C" now, so there's more pressure on him to perform. Hopefully it will come. We need Methot back in the worst way right now.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
This is a bad question to ask after the SNL line had their best game of the year.

Thing is, I think that Pageau line's average game would equal Legwand lines' best game.

Exactly. Karlsson saved a lot of players' bacon tonight. He was really good in all 3 zones and had no help offensively. Mentioning Karlsson at all in a negative sense tonight is mind boggling.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Pageau isn't a saviour while I agree that he deserves a chance I am not going to just assume he will be better then a guy who has played 1000 games

If anything pageau would replace zibby. Our inconsistency this year is largely due to our youth and I don't think having Turris zibby pageau and Lazar down the middle is wise at all

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
yup, pageau is/would be much better than legwand in every way. are we trying to win games or not make grown men upset?

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
The worst is just like the monkeys they are, everyone, like Steve Warne, is going on and on about how Anderson is a bad puck handler.

He isn't idiots. He's actually really good at it. Tonight wasn't the norm, it was the outlier.

Has anyone ever seen him handle the puck this badly before?

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Thing is, I think that Pageau line's average game would equal Legwand lines' best game.

Very possible. But you can't deny that they had a good game. Maybe they turned the corner, maybe Calgary was a good matchup for them and they'll go back to sucking.

Saying that, I'd love to see a 4th line of Greening - JGP - Condra back. They were awesome against PIT in the playoffs a couple years ago.

BigBush*

He was useless for his standards but still the best player on the ice for the Sens.

I don't get it, people complain he costs this team goals then when he plays excellent defensive hockey with the like of Phillips people complain he isn't doing enough offensively.

The guy was playing with Phillips and 2nd+4th lines a lot which were terrible at generating anything. On the PP he is covered closely and no one else can do anything without the puck going through him.

We lost 4-2 but he was +2 with 5 shots, that should tell you he was very good.

I understand people want Karlsson to be better, I do too put there's a point where you gotta look at his support and how the other team playing him and wonder where the **** is the help. Karlsson needs a better defender than Phillips, firstly.

karlsson doesnt NEED another defense partner, he (the team) needs a #1 C. Imagine if Ottawa had a Getzlaf or a Carter, then Karlsson wouldnt be **** on for not scoring 2 goals every night to win the game

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Now we have to wait 4 days until the next game.

Whoever created this schedule ****ing sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad