Not open for further replies.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
FLAMESSens.png

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Nice gdt.

Idk if I'll stay up for this one, but it would be nice to actually watch it on tv instead of a stream

I'm hating what Rogers has done with the games spread across 4 channels, 3 of which I don't have access to.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Could be on City TV or Sportsnet one I think.

Actually just looked it up and Sens v Flames is the only game in the league starting @ 10:00pm.

Should be on CBC.

Rogers will undoubtedly find another way to annoy me. Or maybe seeing their intermission programming is how they'll annoy me...

NHL.com indicates it will be on CBC.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Nice gdt.

Idk if I'll stay up for this one, but it would be nice to actually watch it on tv instead of a stream

I'm hating what Rogers has done with the games spread across 4 channels, 3 of which I don't have access to.

Agreed. Rogers is in full greed mode. Pretty sickening.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Agreed. Rogers is in full greed mode. Pretty sickening.

Does it make them more money putting games on Omni, Sportnet1, and City instead of regional CBC feeds? I thought they were likely doing it thinking it would help the basic (no digital) folks who only have one version of CBC.

In theory, City and Omni are available over the air in Ottawa, they are just much tougher to get than CBC (need to be somewhere elevated I think and have an attic mount or roof mount antenna). For me to get line of sight to City and Omni's tower, I'd need my antenna to be 90 feet up.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Alright boys and girls, I am going to the game tonight. So be good!

By the way, so far I have a winning record. By winning means, every time I have seen the Senators live they have blown out the other team.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Our next game is not until Thursday. So can we win please.

Kind of dumb isn't it. 4 games in 6 nights with a trip across Canada last week, then this week nothing Sunday to Thursday. I guess if anything it gives the guys a chance to lick their wounds.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Does it make them more money putting games on Omni, Sportnet1, and City instead of regional CBC feeds? I thought they were likely doing it thinking it would help the basic (no digital) folks who only have one version of CBC.

In theory, City and Omni are available over the air in Ottawa, they are just much tougher to get than CBC (need to be somewhere elevated I think and have an attic mount or roof mount antenna). For me to get line of sight to City and Omni's tower, I'd need my antenna to be 90 feet up.

Some of the channels like Sportsnet One isn't part of basic cable. For me anyways, SN1 has to be bought separately. Spreading out on so many channels also boosts up the price of the commercial timeslots on multiple channels for the cable companies as well.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Can you still get the awesome stream quality off the CBC website if it's on CBC on TV?

LMAO nope.

Rogers takeover has actually made me hate Mark Messier, a guy I used to really look up to.

The more he crows about the Rogers deal being more "accessible" and "easy" than ever before makes me absolutely sick.

About as blatant as you can lie to consumers.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
LMAO nope.

Rogers takeover has actually made me hate Mark Messier, a guy I used to really look up to.

The more he crows about the Rogers deal being more "accessible" and "easy" than ever before makes me absolutely sick.

I know what to do.

Simpsons-Angry-Mob.png

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
LMAO nope.

A shame

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
watching the leafs blow it against the sabres is a nice pre game show before the sens!

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Picked up my autographed copy of "Ultimate cookbook for hockey families" today at Costco. Great book for 15 bucks.
By Erin Phillips and Korey Kealey.(Has a cooking show on tv). What 2 great down to earth people to talk to. She says Curtis has been great at the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad