GDT: Game 17 | Ottawa in Carolina | 7pm | TSN5, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I assume you are suggesting we need multiple 1st overall picks? Can this city handle 2 or 3 more bottom place finishes? There has to be a better way, I can accept finish last/second last this season and drafting a good player, but I and assume many other fans will be severely turned off if this team is still a bottom feeder next year.

No but they need the absolute 2 best forwards they can get in June, then if they want to "break out" as team in 2020-21, go ahead!

And like I said, it's more complicated than that but don't forget that guys like Balcers, Wolanin, Batherson, Norris, Brown, Formenton, JBD, Thomson, etc aren't even there yet. Brannstrom is still too raw for the NHL level. Tkachuk is only 19, White still very young, Paul finally able to stand his ground in the NHL, same for Duclair who might finally be able to stick on one team. There's a lot of stop gaps on this team... Players like Borowiecki, Hainsey, Beaudin, Sabourin, Ennis shouldn't be on your NHL team or maybe as your 13th/14th forwards or 7th/8th D-men... Even DeMelo and Tierney, those guys play higher in the line-up than they should, well like pretty much everybody except a few...

We need TIME, and a KILLER DRAFT in June...

Then new ownership and an arena downtown.

Last edited:

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
We drafted Yashin at #2 than Daigle at #1. People got excited and we still got Bonk at #3. Berard/Redden and Phillips still followed and the enthusiasm built each year. It was a 7 year + rebuild as things didn’t really get rolling until Hossa / Havlat.

Circumstances. That was an expansion team and fans were very very excited just to have a team. With everything going on with Melnyk and the fans not showing up to games, a team that finishes that many years in a row at the bottom is going to hurt this franchise more than you think.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
No but they need the absolute 2 best forwards they can get in June, then if they want to "break out" as team in 2020-21, go ahead!

And like I said, it's more complicated than that but don't forget that guys like Balcers, Wolanin, Batherson, Norris, Brown, Formenton, JBD, Thomson, etc aren't even there yet. Brannstrom is still too raw for the NHL level. Tkachuk is only 19, White still very young, Paul finally able to stand his ground in the NHL, same for Duclair who might finally be able to stick on one team. There's a lot of stop gaps on this team... Players like Borowiecki, Hainsey, Beaudin, Sabourin, Ennis shouldn't be on your NHL team or maybe as your 13th/14th forwards or 7th/8th D-men... Even DeMelo and Tierney, those guys play higher in the line-up than they should, well like pretty much everybody except a few...

Cannot disagree with any of that.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Time to be concerned about Chabot's play? Only one goal, and isn't dominating like he used to.

Chabot is one of those high skill cerebral finesse players, if he wasn't a super smooth skater, people wouldn't like him much.

No need to worry about him at all, he plays with some good players, but on other teams, he would play with STAR players.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Time to be concerned about Chabot's play? Only one goal, and isn't dominating like he used to.

This is a pretty offensively challenged team, so Chabot isn't getting set up like he was in the past by guys like Stone and Duchene. I'm not worried - go to a home game and just watch him for a few shifts, and you'll see that the skill and the hands are still there. The points will follow soon enough.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
We drafted Yashin at #2 than Daigle at #1. People got excited and we still got Bonk at #3. Berard/Redden and Phillips still followed and the enthusiasm built each year. It was a 7 year + rebuild as things didn’t really get rolling until Hossa / Havlat.

? Not sure what you're talking about here. The Sens back in the day were an expansion team, they had to be literally built from scratch. Expansions rules were completely different back then. After 4 years building from scratch, Sens started making the playoffs and never looked back for 11 straight years. Not sure we could have expected better than that.

It was NOT a rebuild, it was a BUILD.

List of Ottawa Senators seasons - Wikipedia

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
AdiBPrO.jpg

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Chabot is one of those high skill cerebral finesse players, if he wasn't a super smooth skater, people wouldn't like him much.

No need to worry about him at all, he plays with some good players, but on other teams, he would play with STAR players.
Reminds me a lot of John Klingberg

Reactions: Xspyrit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad