GDT: [Game #17] Dallas Stars vs. New York Rangers – 7:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I think Robertson and Johnston will be good for each other.
Nice first shift. It’s funny there was some confusion on the cycle when two Stars tried to occupy the same spot, and I say funny because the screwup happened with the two who have been on the line this whole time.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
is the ice bad?
or is that just us? :)

we look pretty decent, but one of these might end badly if we keep giving them up

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I have to give Lafreniere a lot of credit. When I saw him play last season including at a game at MSG, he was terrible. All he did was float around and look lost. Worst of all, he wasn’t getting engaged in puck battles.

But he looks great tonight. Hard on the puck.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Why did Duchene do that and then why is he complaining? That was the most obvious penalty

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Idk if Duchene thought he was closer to that puck or what but that was like 10 feet away from it

Think he thought Pitlick was gonna go shoulder to shoulder with him but instead Duchene cut in front

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
It’s not like it was a hit. He got in front and leaned back. Yes there was contact. I can see why the ref calls it but it better go both ways. Seems a bit weak.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
He cut right into the guy and took away his ice he's allowed to block him if he continues his path to the puck and slows down

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
He cut right into the guy and took away his ice he's allowed to block him if he continues his path to the puck and slows down
He has been doing that all season. I don’t remember him being this physical. He leans on guys a ton and knocks them down. I can’t remember him doing this to us when he was in Nashville.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
we look fine. we should be totally capable of pushing back

that goal was unfortunate and its hard to blame anyone for that one imho (aside of trochek)

im glad they split up the lines for now, we looked like shit last game

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Rangers first period
16 shots on net
2 blocked shots
4 missed shots
22 shot attempts

Stars first period
7 shots on goal
8 blocked shots
6 missed shots
21 shot attempts

It’s not wildly different in terms of trying to do things with the puck, but you’re not scaring anyone missing the net and hitting shin pads.

Reactions: LT and roryjones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad