GDT: [Game #17] Dallas Stars vs. New York Rangers – 7:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #17 – 11/20/2023 – 7:00 PM CT – BSSW
American Airlines Center

Your Dallas Stars vs. the New York Rangers
11-4-1, 23 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 12-2-1, 25 pts

S2Q26Rq.png

gAkOvB1.png

uEDwjZ4.png

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

ztUaXq7.png

New York Rangers

Kreider - Zibanejad - Wheeler
Panarin - Trocheck - Lafreniere
Cuylle - Bonino - Kakko
Vesey - Goodrow - Pitlick

Miller - Trouba
Lindgren - Gustafsson
Jones - Schneider

Shesterkin

2fmwd0w.png

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Is Oettinger hurt or just resting?

Rest. We have a difficult stretch against a lot of good teams. COL two days ago, you guys tonight, VGK on Wed and then a roadtrip through Canada the following week.

Wedgewood gets the game against the only Eastern conference team on that slate.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Rest. We have a difficult stretch against a lot of good teams. COL two days ago, you guys tonight, VGK on Wed and then a roadtrip through Canada the following week.

Wedgewood gets the game against the only Eastern conference team on that slate.

Always a bummer for me when we play a backup, then again I think Quick's been a better goalie so far for us than Shesterkin.

Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Always a bummer for me when we play a backup, then again I think Quick's been a better goalie so far for us than Shesterkin.

Wedgewood might surprise you, he's very hit-or-miss but when he has a good game, he looks elite

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
These 3 games (Colorado, NYR, Vegas) will convince me if the Stars are true Cup contenders or just a good team that is a grade below the best.

Saturday was hard to read a gauge, as Dallas dominated then had script flipped and didn't have an answer.

If Dallas lose both of the next 2 I think it paves the likely outcome for who they are.

Hoping for a big response today and showing they belong at the top.

Reactions: piqued

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Is Oettinger hurt or just resting?
Perhaps the biggest factor in last year's downfall was riding Oettinger into the ground with a workload that just isn't done anymore in the modern NHL. There's a concerted effort this year to make sure Wedgewood gets more games throughout the year regardless of how good the opponent is.

Reactions: LT and SnowblindNYR

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

If Dallas lose both of the next 2 I think it paves the likely outcome for who they are.

One could hope that it would force Nill’s hand to make a move. Offload cap, bring in Dman and bring up one of the kids from the A.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Welcome back to "Who Is That Player?" Today we delve into that famous Ranger, Erik Gustafsson.

8476979.png

Now you may be saying, "Didn't we just do a Gustafsson?" Yes, but that was David. Keep up.

Erik Gustafsson hails from Nynäshamn Sweden, which sounds made up even by Swedish standards. He isn't your typical fringe player either, but he certainly is a journeyman. Now entering his 8th NHL season, Gustafsson was originally drafted by Edmonton and has gone on to play for Chicago, Calgary, Philadelphia, Montreal, Chicago again, Washington, Toronto, and now New York.

Taking his talents to Broadway on a one year deal for a mere $825k, Gustafsson has provided tremendous value registering an eye-popping 11 points in 15 games. A favorite of head coach Peter Laviolette he's immediately moved into an offensive defenseman role for the Blueshirts. Gustafsson has even played more per game at even strength than Adam Fox, which I would've bet everything I own on not being the case.

This has been, "Who Is That Player?"

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Brad Alberts having a twitter account is unstable.

Al Montoya and Alberts have been lobbying hard to get a game in Mexico City. I wonder if you could even pull off the Winter Classic at Estadio Azteca. The average January temperature there isn't that much warmer than Dallas due to the altitude.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad