GDT: Game 17 Bruins vs Lightning 11/11/13 1PM NESN NHLN-CA

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Love the win, love the shutout.
Hate the injury to Stamkos, guy was in absolute agony. Tampa Bay fans are handling it really well though, gotta be pretty devastating.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Good news if the injury isn't that bad and the Olympics aren't out of the question.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

They have to calm the fans down, because all of Canada is having a meltdown. I don't expect him to play in the Olympics. And I think TB would hold him back. Gotta protect your asset. But I hope for his sake he does. Poor guy.

Uk Lightning

Nov 11, 2013
Just wanted to come on here and say that the reaction from your fans has been great tonight. It is gutting that the injury has happened because he has been the best player in the league so far this year. The fact he tried to walk twice shows what kind of man he is. He is a fighter and will be back, no doubt about it.

The result tonight became insignificant as a result and I think the team did well to keep it down to 3 as their minds were clearly not on the game.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Just stopping in to see if we won.

- Sees the Tuukka Appreciation thread leading the way. Great. Answers that.

- "Stamkos...Olympics...."

*******. There goes my fantasy team.

Last edited:

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
got locked up in a battle with Hamilton and slid feet first into the Tampa goal post. Broke his right shin-bone in the collision. tried to stand up and skate off at one point and the trainers had to basically restrain him from trying to stand before they put him on the stretcher.

821186597.gif

It just goes to show you. Sliding into the net can be a killer.

Last game before today, Bergeron was coming in on a 2-on-1 and was crushed and went flying/sliding by the net...just missing it...

I exhaled. He was going in there fast.

Bergeron was livid on the bench. NESN showed a shot of the bench and you could see the anger on Bergeron's face as he was yelling at someone, the refs, I guess...It's rare to see Bergy truly pissed...

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Solid game, although there were spurts where they didn't play so well. This team (and Chara in particular) absolutely owns St. Louis.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Even today the net is a dangerous place. Back when I was playing midget, yeah yeah I know, the posts were sitting on steel spikes that were cemented in. First time I broke my ribs was being in a pile up in the crease. Just like hitting a telephone pole in them days.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Even today the net is a dangerous place. Back when I was playing midget, yeah yeah I know, the posts were sitting on steel spikes that were cemented in. First time I broke my ribs was being in a pile up in the crease. Just like hitting a telephone pole in them days.

:laugh: Just goes to show you how things have changed. Eff it. Cement those suckers in...what could happen? Talk about running into a steel wall.

What a difference in mind-set today. Everything from youth to the pros is safety, safety, safety. Still, **** happens. It is a steel net. You can only do so much. But common sense measures help. haha

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC

As if alloys had been invented at that point

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

I really want to believe that, if only just for Stamkos's sake, but I wonder how he would know. :(

And watching the game replay, that is obviously not Dougie's fault. It could just as easily been him who went into the post.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Hey guys. Tampa fan here. No hard feelings, and honestly I love the Bruins, I love Jack Edwards, and I even love the fans. You're a great hockey base, and just wanted you guys to know there's no ill will coming your way for this from us.

Tampa fan here too. I'll be honest and say I don't like your guys' team ;)

But just about every one of us realizes that this was not a dirty play. It happens. Hopefully you'll differentiate us from the people on the main boards.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Tampa fan here too. I'll be honest and say I don't like your guys' team ;)

But just about every one of us realizes that this was not a dirty play. It happens. Hopefully you'll differentiate us from the people on the main boards.

Yes...we do. :) FWIW I like your team

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
good win.
its amazing we are 11-5-1 with only one line showing up each nite. Thanks tuukka.
loui looks worse now then he did before the injury. understandable i guess.
i just want him to break out, but he's not even getting chances anymore.

skullguise

Nov 13, 2007
North Andover, MA
It was freaky listening to Jack as things were progressing with the injury....he clearly has a ton of respect for Stamkos and was truly upset that he was injured. His words couldn't have been better.

Hoping for/wishing the best for Stamkos, and also for Tampa Bay. My nephew is working for them now, so I have even more reason to like them, beyond great players like MSL and Stamkos.....

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
EJ Hradek was quick to say Dougie pushed Stamkos down :shakehead:

Tampa fan, Hamilton did give him a shove, however what I don't get is how some idiots, let alone analysts don't understand that it's a standard hockey play to give the defender a message or yes, to even knock him off balance a little, but they're more inclined to believe the conspiracy that Hamilton is trying to sabotage Team Canada or something.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
They have to calm the fans down, because all of Canada is having a meltdown. I don't expect him to play in the Olympics. And I think TB would hold him back. Gotta protect your asset. But I hope for his sake he does. Poor guy.

Yzerman calling most of the TC shots however, his responsibility lies first with the Bolts, and he has to protect his organizations player. Team Canada, while missing him are far more apt to be able to find another player who can score (nobody can replace all Stamkos brings but..) whereas the Bolts HAVE to have him. Yzerman will protect Stamkos.

Another game that showed me signs the boys are feeling better about their game, hit a few rough patches but that happens to every team in every game.

Another 2pts.....sign me up

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Tampa fan, Hamilton did give him a shove, however what I don't get is how some idiots, let alone analysts don't understand that it's a standard hockey play to give the defender a message or yes, to even knock him off balance a little, but they're more inclined to believe the conspiracy that Hamilton is trying to sabotage Team Canada or something.

Terrible injury and one I suspect will be difficult for your boys to absorb however, you are right, pretty standard play and one that we probably see a half dozen times a night. Be well Stamkos, you don`t need to be a fan of the Bolts to be a fan of Stamkos, the guy is just a blast to watch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad