GDT: Game 17 Bruins vs Lightning 11/11/13 1PM NESN NHLN-CA

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in from the game.

First of all...Poor Steve Stamkos :( ( Love him as a player) . It was painful to see him in such agony. Tough loss for Tampa. Best wishes for a quick recovery young man. I was pleased to see the Garden fans behave. Also nice to see the B's stand and give him an ovation as he was taken off the ice. Many looks of concern on the B's player's faces.

What a beauty from Danny Paille :yo:

Decent game from the b's .

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I just watched the video of the injury. *shiver*

This is really bad for the NHL and the growth of the sport of hockey in general. It's an Olympic year, a big time to showcase the best in the world, and Canada just lost its best scorer.

I'd go so far as to say Stamkos is the most exciting player in the world. Think of all the people who hate Crosby, all the people who think Ovechkin is a punk, people who don't care about Malkin, etc. You never hear any of that about Stamkos. Nobody dislikes him, and everyone who watches him play are in awe. It's bad for hockey as a sport.

Canada probably will still get gold anyway, but Tampa is boned. They had a great start to the year, but I'd be shocked if they made the playoffs at this point. The Atlantic is too deep for them to survive without him.

I agree this injury is bad for the NHL. Stamkos is such an exciting player and seems like a good kid it is a shame for all hockey lovers.

I hate to see any player (well...there is one... :naughty:) go down like that but Steve is so good.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Bruins finally starting to look like they're supposed to. Two big division wins in a row, one point out of the conference lead. Let's hope they can keep rolling here.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Just in from the game.

First of all...Poor Steve Stamkos :( ( Love him as a player) . It was painful to see him in such agony. Tough loss for Tampa. Best wishes for a quick recovery young man. I was pleased to see the Garden fans behave. Also nice to see the B's stand and give him an ovation as he was taken off the ice. Many looks of concern on the B's player's faces.

What a beauty from Danny Paille :yo:

Decent game from the b's .

missed the game today but saw on my updates that Stamkos was carried off. What happened?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
missed the game today but saw on my updates that Stamkos was carried off. What happened?

got locked up in a battle with Hamilton and slid feet first into the Tampa goal post. Broke his right shin-bone in the collision. tried to stand up and skate off at one point and the trainers had to basically restrain him from trying to stand before they put him on the stretcher.

821186597.gif

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

His leg slammed into the goal post and broke. He was in terrible pain and it was tough to see. It was an accident and no one is to blame.

Sad to see. Love Stamkos.

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
Had to work today so I just watched some highlights. Nice to see them win 2 in a row against the teams ahead of them in the division.

Really sucks to see Stamkos go down though. Worst thing I can say about him is that he scores too much against my team. I'd take him over Crosby or Ovechkin any day. Wishing him a speedy recovery. :handclap:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

LMAO at people saying they were surprised that Stamkos got a standing O but if it was a Nuck or a Hab they wouldn't

Stamkos is a warrior, not an embellisher and is one of the faces of the NHL

Don't think any Nuck or Hab is any of that

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hey guys. Tampa fan here. No hard feelings, and honestly I love the Bruins, I love Jack Edwards, and I even love the fans. You're a great hockey base, and just wanted you guys to know there's no ill will coming your way for this from us.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
got locked up in a battle with Hamilton and slid feet first into the Tampa goal post. Broke his right shin-bone in the collision. tried to stand up and skate off at one point and the trainers had to basically restrain him from trying to stand before they put him on the stretcher.

821186597.gif

His leg slammed into the goal post and broke. He was in terrible pain and it was tough to see. It was an accident and no one is to blame.

Sad to see. Love Stamkos.

Thanks to both of you. Agreed hope he has a quick comeback. He's just a great player to watch and the kind you like to see on the ice.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
1/2 hr ago

@RealStamkos91: Thanks to all my family, friends, and fans for all the well wishes! I will be back as soon as possible !!

@TBLightning: Steven Stamkos to undergo surgery on broken tibia tomorrow morning. Full release & statement from GM Steve Yzerman: http://t.co/a6XBo2n2UR

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
EJ Hradek was quick to say Dougie pushed Stamkos down :shakehead:

Well EJ Hradek is an idiot, so that means less than nothing thankfully.

Seems like it was the Yeti that got tied up with both Salo and Aulie when those players were injured. I'll be curious to see what their situations are.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Fwiw...

nick kypreos ‏@realkyper 1m
early indication is #lightning stamkos didn't suffer overly complicated break and sochi olympics isn't out of question in 2nd week of feb.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hey guys. Tampa fan here. No hard feelings, and honestly I love the Bruins, I love Jack Edwards, and I even love the fans. You're a great hockey base, and just wanted you guys to know there's no ill will coming your way for this from us.

I like Tampa. Love Marty and Stamkos.

Jack loves Steve Stamkos.:laugh:...almost too much.

I read your board and it seems like you guys get it. Nice fan base. I went to a game there once and folks were nice.

I was at the game and it was tough to see Steve in so much pain. The Bruins were all watching with looks of concern.

Once again...best wishes to Stamkos for a quick and complete recovery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad