GDT: Game #17 - BRUINS at Wild - 11/17 8:00 PM ET | NESN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
What happened to McQuaid? If something wasn't strained, he took a helluva long time to get up after that hit...almost like he was concussed or something. His head didn't seem to hit the ice, tho'....

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
That goal was all Nash's fault. They had a nice breakout going and Nash turned it over at the line ---they never got it back and 1-0.

Injuries be damned --Nash on the 1st line?
Really, Julien. C'mon man.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Ref just didn't give a **** about McQuaid. Rask even had to get out or the way.

...are you suggesting the play should have been blown dead? Even for you, that's a ridiculous implication.

Some of you are going to say "bad luck" but McQuaid can't let that happen. I felt like I could see it coming.

He's literally defending by standing in the crease. And the end result is a puck bouncing off of him into the net. If you were on offense, you're obviously going to take advantage of the backboard being set for you. Offenses use that **** all the time when they see it. I don't understand how that is how they teach Adam to play defense. He's doing that most of the time.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
What happened to McQuaid? If something wasn't strained, he took a helluva long time to get up after that hit...almost like he was concussed or something. His head didn't seem to hit the ice, tho'....

That's what I thought too, looked odd like he was concussed the way he had his arms straight up in the air

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
McQuaid injured but not getting a whistle followed up by deflecting it in his own net, he must be so mad rn

What? He was lying on the ice waiting for a call..he should have got his butt up and defend. By the time he did it bounced off his skate into the net. Horrible play by McQuaid.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Example 1A as to why McQ should not be iced.

Between this game and the Montreal game, could easily have another 2-4 points. Gonna need those.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Parise, as he was falling down cross checked him in the back of the legs.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
What? He was lying on the ice waiting for a call..he should have got his butt up and defend. By the time he did it bounced off his skate into the net. Horrible play by McQuaid.

I guess I just saw it differently, he looked pretty out of it down on the ice, and I don't just mean out of the play.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
That's what I thought too, looked odd like he was concussed the way he had his arms straight up in the air

Exactly my thought. If a concussion was suspected and McQuaid down in the crease the refs absolutely could choose to blow it dead. Rather than risk an injured player be potentially trampled. We've seen less whistled before.

Minnesota is quite the boring team. Boring game.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
...are you suggesting the play should have been blown dead? Even for you, that's a ridiculous implication.

Some of you are going to say "bad luck" but McQuaid can't let that happen. I felt like I could see it coming.

This game should have been a blow out. Disgraceful showing by the big money guys playing forward. Someone tell Bergy the world cup is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad