wpid-20130416__140421xcelmug.jpg

54_Xcel_Energy_Center_Interior.jpg

Tonight's Officials

Referees Brad Meier #34, Steve Kozari #40
Linesmen Lonnie Cameron #74, Brian Mach #78

Ntl. Anthem James Bohn

WAYBACK MACHINE

BOSTON vs MINNESOTA, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Wild are meeting for the 20th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 6-12-0-1 record and Minnesota holding a 55-37 scoring advantage in those games.

The Bruins are 4-4-0-1 in their 9 road games of this lifetime series with the Wild having a 24-20 scoring edge in those contests.

The Bruins had their 3-game win streak vs. the Wild snapped with a 5-0 loss in Boston on 10/25 in the 1st game of this season’s series … They have taken points out of their last 3 visits to Minnesota at 2-0-1 with their last road regulation loss to the Wild a 2-0
setback on 2/19/12.

Fun Facts: The 20 games between these teams represent the fewest for Boston vs. any of their current opponents … The Bruins have gone 4 for 22 (18.2%) on the power play in their last 6 games vs. the Wild after being blanked in their 1st 36 opportunities over 13 contests … The Wild own all 4 shutouts of this lifetime series.

INJURIES (47 total man-games lost)

Anton Khudobin – Upper body; Traveling with team
Kevan Miller – 10/11 hand surgery; Traveling with team (IR)
Noel Acciari – Lower body

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Torey Krug is 2 assists shy of his 100th NHL assist.
Jimmy Hayes is 5 points short of his 100th NHL point.
The Bruins are 5 goals shy of scoring the 20,000th team goal in franchise history … They will become just the 2nd team in NHL history to reach that milestone (Montreal Canadiens)

RASK HONORED BY NHL

Tuukka Rask was named the NHL’s First Star of the Week for 11/7-13, as he went 4-0-0 with a 0.75 goals against average (3 GA/240 Mins), .970 save percentage (101 shots/98 saves) and 2 shutouts in that span.

Rask enters tonight’s game with the league’s best GAA at 1.54, is tied for most wins at 10 and shutouts w/3, and ranks tied for 2nd overall w/a .945 save percentage on the season.

He is just the 2nd goaltender in Bruins history to start the season w/10 wins in his 1st 11 games (Gerry Cheevers, 1976-77 w/a loss in his 12th game) and this is his best start since he opened the 2012-13 season w/an 11-1-2 mark in his 1st 14 contests.

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1479335559000

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I`m first one up in the morning in Bruins nation? Nice, go B`s, thanks Fenway

Well you are in the Atlantic Time Zone :D

We have only played the Wild 19 times and with very little success. In St Paul the Bruins have held their own but in Boston they are 2-8-0. :rant:

Hopefully the team remembers how badly the Wild spanked us at TD 3 weeks ago.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

We have only played the Wild 19 times and with very little success. In St Paul the Bruins have held their own but in Boston they are 2-8-0. :rant:

I`m an early morning person all the time, it`s the only way I can post asinine things on this board, sign off and run to work without having to answer for my comments:laugh:

Odd how some teams just struggle against others and it matters not the personel. Let`s hope things change tonight, hearing/reading Pasta missed another day of practice, yikes.

We shall see, enjoy the game friend

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Great rink, attended the Frozen Four there and saw UMD win the title in OT. Lots of bars on 7th St. nearby, including Tom Reid's Hockey City Pub.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
ST. PAUL — Bruins forward David Pastrnak did not practice for the second straight day Wednesday. Pastrnak’s availability for Thursday’s game against Minnesota is in question. Coach Claude Julien did not disclose the nature of the No. 1 right wing’s condition.

“Pastrnak is not better today, so we weren’t going to let him go on the ice,†Julien said. “I’d say he’s day-to-day right now.â€

Goalie Tuukka Rask also was given a rest day. Anton Khudobin served as the primary practice goalie. Julien anticipated that Khudobin would be cleared soon.

Matt Beleskey left practice early after taking a puck to the face.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...ay-practice/7Q4qIbrs61BhY6MaxagoOI/story.html

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia

That's not a stellar record by any means. Who would have thought that bruins aren't fond of including gophers in their diet :sarcasm: Lets just start with eating a few tonight while we are out in the wild and see if we can develop a taste. Time to change the balance of nature in Minny. Let's go Bruins!

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
So does Claude slot in Nash on the RW because Pasta is out?

I mean, the line worked last year with Connolly playing RW but I'd rather see Czarnik.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Feels like its been forever since they last played!

LETS GO B'S!:highclap:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I`m first one up in the morning in Bruins nation? Nice, go B`s, thanks Fenway

I woke up at 3:30 am but didn't log on.

I know you are usually on this board Sunday Mornings ;) .

A win would be swell.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

Last edited:

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Was listening to Sportsnet Hockey Central a few minutes ago and Kypreos mentioned the Bruins and particularly Rask's play as having the Bruins in a great position. Mclean chimed in that he has really liked them since they added Kuraley to the team. So there you have it folks, McLean has figured out the secret to success. Let's hope Kuraley can continue to carry them should Rask falter.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
ST. PAUL — Bruins forward David Pastrnak did not practice for the second straight day Wednesday. Pastrnak’s availability for Thursday’s game against Minnesota is in question. Coach Claude Julien did not disclose the nature of the No. 1 right wing’s condition.

“Pastrnak is not better today, so we weren’t going to let him go on the ice,” Julien said. “I’d say he’s day-to-day right now.”

Goalie Tuukka Rask also was given a rest day. Anton Khudobin served as the primary practice goalie. Julien anticipated that Khudobin would be cleared soon.

Matt Beleskey left practice early after taking a puck to the face.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...ay-practice/7Q4qIbrs61BhY6MaxagoOI/story.html

I hope Matty B. will be ok.

Hopefully Pasta will be ok too.

So many injuries .

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
How our all-time record can be so bad against that team continues to boggle me. Not expecting a great game, especially with Pasta out. But since I'll be missing it, it'll end up 6-4 (I'm pretty sure in games I haven't watched so far the Bruins have scored on average at least twice as many goals as in the games I have :laugh:)

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I hope Matty B. will be ok.

Hopefully Pasta will be ok too.

So many injuries .

Compared to some other teams in the league, I think the Bruins are doing okay for themselves. Most of the injuries have been short term.

Hopefully the Pasta situation isn't a concussion and it's just some minor illness.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Welp, I guess the plan is to win 1-0 again.

AlpineLager

The way she *** goes
Jul 4, 2007
New Brunswick
Anyone else bombarded with that damn Battlefield 1 video game ad? It's plagued this site for me all week .... FFFff

Hoping to see another road win tonight :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad