Post-Game Talk: GAME 17 - BRUINS 4 Vegas 1 FINAL

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It seems like it's kind of gone unnoticed, but Krug currently has 6 points in 6 games and recorded a point in every game except the NSH game. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm surprised to see Grz currently 5th among B's in points. I think he's currently on pace for something like 5G/34A (have to look at my other post).

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
It seems like it's kind of gone unnoticed, but Krug currently has 6 points in 6 games and recorded a point in every game except the NSH game. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm surprised to see Grz currently 5th among B's in points. I think he's currently on pace for something like 5G/34A (have to look at my other post).
Gryz has looked amazing this year. I'm finally sold on him. I mentioned in a GDT that his skating is just elite. He embarrasses forecheckers with confidence and ease. I still worry about his size, if a Tom Wilson hits him he'd wake up in the hospital but it is what it is.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Third line does look solid. Although I think the real test is this road trip. Still, very happy we're seeing life from outside the top line.

There were a couple of plays where I thought JFK was going to die but he slipped his way out of it/took the hit and made the play. Bjork and Heinen were buuuurning people.

Reactions: FanSince72

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
It's no surprise that Heinen and Bjork's best two games of the season come with JFK at C. It helps they were trending in the right direction and I think seeing Donato demoted and Acciari benched adds motivation.

On the goal that line scored, it looked like they were hemmed into their own zone and they kind of were, but they did what they are told to and kept the puck and players along the boards. JFK made at least 3 transitions from left wall to right and back in support of the play as the C is supposed to in the Bruins system. I was genuinely surprised Heinen beat his guy to the net as I did not think he had the wheels to do that. I'm looking forward to seeing how much damage they can do over the next week as they try this combo out before looking at trades.

Reactions: Blowfish

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
2 proper wins.

Well done boys.

Kids are allright.

Gryz is probably one of the most underrated players in the league, if i have to borrow that term from the nhl main HF thread.

Reactions: Blowfish

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Wagner pretty much has the same hitting and forechecking qualities while also having some decent offensive skill. Acciari can stay as 13th forward which is fine by me.
Acciari had 10 goals in 60 games last year. I think Acciari is actually a better offensive player than Wagner. Where Wagner is better IMO is his forecheck and that he hits a lot...meaner I guess? Both guys hit frequently, but Wagner has got to be one of the nastiest pound for pound hitters in the game. He hits with purpose where Acciari throws more token hits or will go stretches where he's not hitting enough.

I'm actually good with Wagner over Acciari for now because Wagner changes the makeup of that line a bit to give it much more of an edge and Acciari just hasn't been the player he was last year (which was pretty good for his role.) I'm not ready to give up on the guy, though. I think he's well-liked in the room and has been pretty good for the Bruins in the playoffs so I'm totally happy to have him even as the extra guy.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It's no surprise that Heinen and Bjork's best two games of the season come with JFK at C. It helps they were trending in the right direction and I think seeing Donato demoted and Acciari benched adds motivation.

On the goal that line scored, it looked like they were hemmed into their own zone and they kind of were, but they did what they are told to and kept the puck and players along the boards. JFK made at least 3 transitions from left wall to right and back in support of the play as the C is supposed to in the Bruins system. I was genuinely surprised Heinen beat his guy to the net as I did not think he had the wheels to do that. I'm looking forward to seeing how much damage they can do over the next week as they try this combo out before looking at trades.

Great post, they were hemmed in a bit for sure but what impressed me most wasn`t the goal itself although it was a terrific pass/score play, it was the line getting it out and making the Knights pay in transition.

Overall another solid tilt. I`ve been hard on Backes but I liked his game with the 4th line, clearly having a C with some wheels and added skill in JFK is a benefit for Heinen and Bjork and it appears that maybe that 3rd line might have found something that will force opponents to take them seriously if they continue their play, Halak with another excellent game and kudos to Lauzon for scoring his first.

Long roadie ahead, hoping for the best, the boys should be heading on the road feeling good about things, if there is an area I`d like to see them improve upon it`s their starts, allowing far too many shots and seem to be coming out a touch too flat

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Pasta is taking the next step from Star to Superstar. He looks like a hybrid between Ovechkin and Jagr.

Halak is having Tim Thomas like success!

JFK has been a great addition to the third line and Backes to the 4th line. We finally have some depth upfront which is creating that needed secondary scoring.

It took a few year but we are finally seeing the rewards of the Hamilton trade. JFK should hopefully stay put as the third line center and Lauzon looks like a stud. I would love to see a Lauzon-McAvoy pairing at some point. Now we just need Senyshyn to make the jump and we will be looking good. Nordstrom has been great but as most people have said he will most likely not be a long term solution to the second line. I would love to see a Debrusk-Krejci-Senyshyn line at some point.

I got to see Senyshyn play yesterday and he was flying out there. He looks stronger and faster than last year. He also sniped one and made it look easy. Hoping he continues to work hard and eventually makes the transition into the NHL.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Tim used to give me heart attacks with his style of net minding. OTOH I always knew he'd fight to the death to make a save.

Yeah, he was hazardous- the way I feel whenever Tuuka comes out of the net to play the puck is how I felt every time Thomas went to make a save :laugh: It was fun it its way, though

Reactions: sleepyh and hrdpuk

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Halak doesn't remind me of TT at all. Dobby's style reminded me more of him...scared me way too often. TT was so determined to win when he was challenged. His mental strength was amazing. Halak is very calm and great positionally.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Halak doesn't remind me of TT at all. Dobby's style reminded me more of him...scared me way too often. TT was so determined to win when he was challenged. His mental strength was amazing. Halak is very calm and great positionally.

Agree, Dobby had the spastic quality to him. Halak is like a piece of iron, a table hockey goalie :laugh: who I don't think ever really gets rattled.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Acciari had 10 goals in 60 games last year. I think Acciari is actually a better offensive player than Wagner. Where Wagner is better IMO is his forecheck and that he hits a lot...meaner I guess? Both guys hit frequently, but Wagner has got to be one of the nastiest pound for pound hitters in the game. He hits with purpose where Acciari throws more token hits or will go stretches where he's not hitting enough.

I'm actually good with Wagner over Acciari for now because Wagner changes the makeup of that line a bit to give it much more of an edge and Acciari just hasn't been the player he was last year (which was pretty good for his role.) I'm not ready to give up on the guy, though. I think he's well-liked in the room and has been pretty good for the Bruins in the playoffs so I'm totally happy to have him even as the extra guy.

Wagner has more of a track record in the NHL on the PK, he and Nordstrom are now the 2nd unit and have been very effective. I think he moves through all 3 positions smoother and is better in the face-off dot. With regard to the hitting, I think they are basically the same guy, but it seems Wagner knows when to pick his spots for the big hits turn a game and will not pass up any.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
So happy for the Kid line and Lauzon scoring, that smile was awesome. Backes , who I ragged on is finally where I said he should be on the 4th and making that line work/skate harder. Acciairi to me has lost his spot, this lineup is as good as it gets internally for the forwards. Just need Tuuks and Mac back, I do not see Miller bumping Grizz. Miller will be the extra, maybe bring him in for heavy teams. I think Lauzon has passed Kampfer for the 8th spot.

Nordy continues to give the 2nd line what they needed the most, time and space. A high scoring winger would have been nice but that was a last resort trade solution. Before him, the other two were not in sync at all and stagnant, no give and goes, no passing at speed or open space to operate, they were targeted easily.

Nordstrom drives the fore check and turns over pucks that makes room for Krech and DeBrusk to do their thing, then he jams the net. Krech needs to have the puck on his stick with have time and space. Nordy is not going to rag the puck and hold onto it too long, he gets it and gives it to one of them, then takes players with him away from them. Not sure what you guys are watching but that is what is different, it is night and day from a few weeks ago. The only guy I would want to replace him down the line would be Senyshyn. For now leave it, enjoy it, guy actually has good hands and an hockey IQ.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Wednesday night's going to be a fun one.

I'd love to see the two lines matched up against each other, with Bergeron's line scoring 3 while shutting down the MacKinnon lines.

Other than when we play them, I like to root for the Avs. Great respect for that organization. I'm happy they have such a great top line and hope they can build a great team to compliment their top end talent.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad