GDT: Game 17 - Blue Jackets @ Avalanche - Finnish Them Off

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Oh he did everything a backup should do to keep us in that game. We gave up a lot of shots... But I hear what you're saying ....

I'm not saying he's bad. I'm saying that watching him in net reminds me of Pickard. But I do understand the implicationa of that as I was never a fan of Pickard (as a player, not person).

Reactions: FreshFitted67

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Pavel Francouz really reminds me of a more agile Calvin Pickard. He's got the same awkward looking movements in net, they're around the same size, and will even cough up a few softies followed up by a ridiculous save. Hopefully Frank can sustain better numbers than Pickard as I'm not quite comfortable with him yet.
He reminds me alot of a young Vokoun. Maybe its because he catches right.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Frank has to quit letting in weak goals to be considered more than average... seems it has happened at least once in each of the last 4 games he's played. To me he has NHL talent and is showing he can carry himself well enough in a NHL role... but the leaky goals have to stop. From time to time they will happen, but 4 games in a row is pretty unacceptable

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Makar has the kind of speed that gets people out of their seats during a game, a lot like MacKinnon. When he joins the rush, and creates a 2 on 1, it's incredible to see. He's starting to understand when he can jump into the play, and it's so nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad