GDT: Game 17 - Blue Jackets at Hurricanes - 2/15 7:00 pm

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Matteau will be play in checking line. One will be more useful than Bermstrom in there. Emil is skill, he would play with Texier, Bjorkstrand or Laine but not with Nash and Robinson.
By the way I`m enough suprised Grigorenko is out he played very good in the last game.
Torts said he didnt think Grigs is playing badly he just needs to be in a top 6 and hasn't really done that much with the ice time he's gotten/not a place for him atm. Can't say I disagree.

That said I'd like to see Bemstrom back in there soon

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Roslovic is terrible at face offs; he should never start an OT
Nobody on this team is very good at faceoffs. Boone Jenner is the only person respectable at them and I never see him on the ice in OT that I can recall. If winning faceoffs in OT were a prerequisite for playing in OT we should just give up and take the loser point which is what it seems like we already are doing a good job with.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Nobody on this team is very good at faceoffs. Boone Jenner is the only person respectable at them and I never see him on the ice in OT that I can recall. If winning faceoffs in OT were a prerequisite for playing in OT we should just give up and take the loser point which is what it seems like we already are doing a good job with.
Boone has started overtimes, if he wins the face off he immediately goes to change

Reactions: VeseleTlacovky

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Torts said he didnt think Grigs is playing badly he just needs to be in a top 6 and hasn't really done that much with the ice time he's gotten/not a place for him atm. Can't say I disagree.
We didn't understand each other. I meant that Grigo didn`t play perfectly for a long time, but one played, in the last game, on the contrary, decently, so I didn`t expect that he would be out. Although it`s clear that he has nothing to do in the 4th destructive line, as well as Texier.
That said I'd like to see Bemstrom back in there soon
I agree.

Last edited:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Boone has started overtimes, if he wins the face off he immediately goes to change
Which I think is a waste of time that I'm not going to both continuing to debate but I think winning faceoffs with this team in OT is given too much priority considering our performance in OT ever since Panarin left.

It's not like we know what to do with the puck even if they gain control after a faceoff and then waste time waiting for a player to change.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
We didn't understand each other. I meant that Grigo didn`t play perfectly for a long time, but one played, in the last game, on the contrary, decently, so I didn`t expect that he would be out. Although it`s clear that he has nothing to do in the 4th destructive line, as well as Texier.

With Torts I feel like it's more of a cumulative thing, he sat Grigo out after providing multiple points. Who knows his future but I don't think he'll be here for a while if he can't find a spot in the top 6.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Roslovic is terrible at face offs; he should never start an OT

Roslovic has been bad at face offs this young season so far, that's true. He wins like 1/3 of his faceoffs now. But the sample size is not that large, and prior to this season his FOW% was ~45, which again is not good but also not terrible either.

If CBJ had some terrific face off guy that can make an easy first pass and go to the bench I would try him instead, but if that is not possible, I don't think that going with Roslovic would be a mistake as on 3-on-3 you need speed, skill and patience.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Torts/Jarmo/management proving themselves inept with roster management again.

Korpi for 7 straight starts? Is Elvis not ready or was Korpi's 5 goal performance two games ago worth another start?

Is Z hurt or are we just being morons with D management?

Matteau is a weird one. Foudy and Bemstrom are right there.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC

Korpi for 7 straight starts? Is Elvis not ready or was Korpi's 5 goal performance two games ago worth another start?

Foudy needs to play in the AHL this year

I don't know what to think of Bemstrom....not saying it's time to give up on him

I don't think 1 game of Matteau is going to hurt anything, maybe he will surprise.

Last edited:

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

I don't understand Korpi going again, maybe Elvis isn't ready yet after injury.

Z is clearly injured and shouldn't have been back last game, I guess you can blame that on someone, don't know who.

Matteau over Foudy/Bemstrom isn't going to change this team's fortunes one way or the other.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Foudy needs to play in the AHL this year

I don't know what to think of Bemstrom....not saying it's time to give up on him

I don't 1 game of Matteau is going to hurt anything, maybe he will surprise.

Matteau did look good in limited usage last year (was it last year or year before? Time has no meaning this past year.)

I don't think he should play over Bemstrom though. He needs to play through his struggles. Its a shortened year, and tbh I don't see the Jackets contending for anything outside of the last playoff spot. I'd much rather use this season to let the kids play and see what we have got. The Hawks are doing it and they're a tough out, not to mention fun to watch.

That means Grigs and Nash's services are no longer required outside of injuries. I do like Nash, and he's been a great teammate, but hope he can be moved at the deadline for a playoff team in need of a good bottom 6 vet. Have to think he has some value too considering he's been very solid in playoffs.

Keduzin

May 5, 2009
Hoping for a win but I have bad vibes about this one. Go get ’em Blue Jackets !!!

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
With Torts I feel like it's more of a cumulative thing, he sat Grigo out after providing multiple points. Who knows his future but I don't think he'll be here for a while if he can't find a spot in the top 6.
He scratched Stenlund too. The whole problem is a game. Besides his two goals, how many chances did you create? What were his assists? Important or assist for assist? How did you handle the puck, how many losses were there? But at first he got a lot of time. If he could not prove himself in attack, how did he play in defense, at the boards? I understand Grigo has to get used to the NHL, but the team doesn't have that much time, the fight is tough for every point and the matches are less and less.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I think that the Jackets get this game tonight. going to predict 3-1 with an EN at the end. Just happy that they are playing, everything else is going to be shut down for the next 24 hours while this ice falls from the sky.

Reactions: Halberdier

JacketLife

Aug 2, 2020
I missed the last one with aunting duties, but I don’t feel good about this one. And that’s usually when we win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad