Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
maxresdefault.jpg

He's baaaaaaack!

duncan-keith.jpg

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Actually both he and Rozy are back...so an intesting bet would be which has the greater impact TONIGHT....since Keith plays the PP we can only judge their impact via the 5x5...And so who will come out 9f this game with the better +/-,Keith or Rozsival? Keith 8s supposedly paired with Hammer who has a horrible +/- so far this year (expanded role in the Keith absence probably explains it...but still Keith must get positive results in that stat from Hammer else he will not get positives on his own +/-.....Rozy is supposed to be now paired with Seabrook ....not a lot of foots peed in that pair..so these changes may have a rougher go of it than the impact hoped for.....we shall see.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Well ain't that a sight for sore eyes.

Actually both he and Rozy are back...so an intesting bet would be which has the greater impact TONIGHT....since Keith plays the PP we can only judge their impact via the 5x5...And so who will come out 9f this game with the better +/-,Keith or Rozsival? Keith 8s supposedly paired with Hammer who has a horrible +/- so far this year (expanded role in the Keith absence probably explains it...but still Keith must get positive results in that stat from Hammer else he will not get positives on his own +/-.....Rozy is supposed to be now paired with Seabrook ....not a lot of foots peed in that pair..so these changes may have a rougher go of it than the impact hoped for.....we shall see.

That's not at all how you judge who had the better impact...

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
A number of positives going into this game - Keith is back, Rozsival is back, Dano will get a shot at 1LW, Mashinter is in the lineup ... well, OK, not everything is a positive.

It may take Keith a couple games to get back to game speed. It may take a bit longer for Rozsival to get back to game speed, if it's even possible for Rozy and "speed" to belong in the same sentence.

And the most hyped story in training camp finally gets a chance to be all that in a real game. When Saad decided to take the money and run the story line was Dano might actually develop into a better player than Saad. Then when the boys started scrimmaging at Notre Dame and Dano was popping in goals like he's been there and done that before ... well ... the koolaid was being dispensed from a fire hose and the hyperbole echoed throughout Hawk nation. Then the concussion cap named Brendan Smith introduced Dano to life in the NHL and Hawk nation was told to not pass "GO", to not collect $200 and to go directly to the land of unmet expectations.

So, now we get to hit the reset button and tread lightly into our hope that Dano is the real deal - not fully developed yet, of course, but the guy we ooh'd and ah'd about when we watched those youtube highlights when we first discovered the new object of our affection.

Go Hawks ! ! ! !

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
I'll be missing this game due to my buddy turning 30, however, I will be checking my phone constantly.

C'mon Hawks...we need pay back after that embarrassing display against them last time.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm pretty sure Q looked at the schedule, saw Blues on the calendar then made the decision to call up Mashinter for a stint - you can bet that the Blues goon squad will be out in force tonight. Hopefully Craw can outplay Allen, 'cause like last game, goaltending will decide it.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I don't see the Hawks winning this game if Q sticks with those line configurations. Why he's so intent on trying literally every player aside from TT at 3C is beyond me, but Kruger isn't going to magically turn into an offensive spark, TT is STILL playing on his less natural wing, and Andrew Shaw is Andrew Shaw. So that line seems neither suited to offense OR shutdown.

And the 4th line of Useless-Kero-Garbutt? LOL! I'm pretty sure that 4th line configuration is purely for comedy relief. Over/Under 20 minutes total between the 3 of them?

Also, Michael Rozsival paired with Daley is going to be a train wreck. The slowest train wreck in history, given Rozsival is involved.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
If it is Daley and Rozy maybe Daley goes more on attack now with the reliable "vet" staying back;but maybe the train wreck is Seabrook and TVR because TVR will have to defer and play LD not RD that he has played only s9 far with the Hawks...On the other hand he was no great shakes o the RD ...so maybe going to LD will help him convert his negative stats to positives...but only if Seabrook hustles ...he may relax a bit because Keith is back and it could be a case of him realizing he does not need to summon the extra effort to be the d-corps "leader" since Keith is there now..If Seabrook fails go show tonight because he has relaxed and gone to the "Country Club and let Keith be saviour now ...then TVR will get e posed as Seabrook won't be "there" to bail him out...Also worry about their gaps getting g messed up with TVR having to switch to LD..

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
The next 2 weeks are very important. We take a 1-5 road record into tonight and have 8 of the next 9 away. If we stink it up the next 2 weeks we will likely be looking up at a sizeable deficit just for a wild card. The Hawks have been great on the circus trip in previous years but this team looks very different. A win tonight would be a big confidence booster for sure.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Can't view WGN tv so have Blues Fox sports St Louis on and muted and John & Troy on WGN radio.

Wow Hawks fans all over great to see!

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Illegal check to the head, John says the league will probably take a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad