Post-Game Talk: GAME 17 - 15-2, 10-0 at home - Who has more fun than us?

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Just another win. Philly really shorthanded, but it's still 2 points.

Lindholm, Clifton and Zacha all +2. Lindholm with a really cheap assist, Zacha with 2 nice assists, Clifton loving Lindholm's coattails.

Bergeron 11-14 (44%) and Coyle 3-7 (30%) on faceoffs. Giving up lots of possession but team wins.

Foligno with 2 lovely primary assists. Right now he looks like a better player than Taylor Hall.

Ullmark is looking much like 1982-83 Pete Peeters.
You know they remind me more of the 83-84 team, but there are parallels to 82-83 for sure, including a new coach.

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
The pass from Pastranak to set up the DeBrusk goal was jaw-dropping. Right on the tape and in. I know a pass like that needs a little luck, but still… amazing.
Also, don't underestimate how that play was tee'd up earlier in the game. Pasta repeatedly took shots from that spot on the ice, so Philly (and Hart in particular) was expecting him to do it again. Instead... gorgeous pass to a well-positioned DeBrusk.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I don't know what more people could want. Either we are winning too much too soon or barely scraping by.

I say? Keep rolling until the train stops. Obviously we know this isn't sustainable. We will face challenges. We will go through rough patches. However. Let's roll.
Exactly.
i thought 2009 and 2014 teams were electric. 2014 was the best in my opinion but didnt have seides for tge playoffs.
2009 offense was just gross. the defense was not that great but it was another presidents trophy year and a year where every home game we were up by like 3 goals at some point.
In regards to the 2009 and 2014 squads, I really believe the 2022 incarnation of the Boston Bruins has the testicular fortitude to not lose a Game 7 at home. I understand the injury situation in 2014, but I was at Game 7 in 2014 and they played rather uninspired hockey. I think the mental strength of this team will prove itself down the road.

Reactions: Mione134

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
The most underrated play of the game was the Zacha assist on the Krejci goal,,,,we were right there in 5th row. To shield off the D, reach around and tap the puck out to the slot was fantastic play....the kind of effort that wins games.

Who knows really, but that slash to the left arm / hand before and the Philly D only using his right hand on the stick which made no sense with someone reaching around on the right. In a very subliminal way reminded me of the Murray / Kovalev slash and score back in the day.

Reactions: KWbruin

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
i gotta eat crow on foligno.
i just cant believe his turnaround.
i tbink he should be on 3rd line tho.
needs more ice time.
send freddy to line 4
Frederic had a couple great looks last night and Foligno is playing out of his mind in his role. The bottom 6 isn’t broken, so I’d hesitate to make changes.

Reactions: JerseyBruin

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I’m TOI watching again and can’t help but notice the spread again. Monty just launching wave after wave of four lines and 3 pairings over the boards. Nosek and Coyle eating big pk minutes. No forwards over 20 minutes again.

The balance and depth down the entire bench is absurd right now

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The President's Trophy chatter is hilarious.

We have a team that seemingly can't be beat at home.

We have a coach that utilizes matchups as well as anyone since Scotty Bowman. He's literally playing 4D chess with matchups. With the President's Trophy you'd be giving him 4 home games every series where he has last change.

And you don't want that?

Be alphas! Win every regular season game humanly possible. Get the President's Trophy. Win 16 more. Raise the cup and send these legends into retirement in style. There's no crying in hockey!
Great point.

For one, it's already been statistically demonstrated that President's Trophy does have the highest probability to win the cup out of any of the 16 playoff slots.

But spot on about Jim Montgomery and his line deployment. Anyone else realize that with the exception of last year's weird Carolina series, Bruce's Bruins lost a lot of playoff games on home ice?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad