GDT: Game #17 - 11.15.14 - vs Minnesota - 1:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

MetalGodAOD*

You can point plenty of fingers, but a home record of 1-4-4 is on Ruff. You've got last change. Surely you can spackle a line together with Spezza that can generate enough offense to offset the sin of putting all your eggs in one basket.

I think Ruff is a mostly solid coach, but he seems too intent of relying on what he feels is a trump card, be it a goaltender you can play more games than is necessary, or one line you believe can carry the entire burden of creating offense. A single win in 9 games AT home. It doesn't help that Ruff's assistant coaches don't seem to bring anything interesting to the table either.

I agree. Speed and transition is great, but you have to realize when the other team has adopted a strategy to counter it and make adjustments to counter back. Teams can easily shut us down in the neutral zone or pick off the cross-ice passes and break up our offense. Ruff needs to be able to recognize this quickly and adjust the lineup/strategy accordingly.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I know Dillon's mistake was costly, and emblematic of his play lately but the whole team is complicit if it lets that kind of play become a rallying cry for their opponents.

The pitbulls continue to show effort where skill fails. Promote them and go nuts. Pavelski is world class, and San Jose has put him on the 3rd line to some success at times.

Roussel-Seguin-Hemsky
Benn-Eakin-Garbutt
McKenzie-Spezza-Sceviour
Horcoff-Fiddler-Cole

lol

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Good game guys the wild would gladly take Dillion and Goligoski while Scandella and Brodin are out.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
What would you give up is the ?.

um idk but if I could but the defense that played today? except for Spurgeon, Suter and Dumba. Preferably Bickel and Falk obvisouly not ideal.

not saying that's there value either just want get rid of those two.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
You guys have a nice find in Klingberg.

Oddly, the Wild announcers cited several nice plays by Dillon, apart from the play leading to the first goal. I was rather surprised to see him ripped apart here.

BTW, that's the first time I've seen the Wild outshot this year - someone else may have done it in our losing streak, but they routinely outshoot opponents by a wide margin.

OT would have been a deserved end to this one.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
You guys have a nice find in Klingberg.

Oddly, the Wild announcers cited several nice plays by Dillon, apart from the play leading to the first goal. I was rather surprised to see him ripped apart here.

BTW, that's the first time I've seen the Wild outshot this year - someone else may have done it in our losing streak, but they routinely outshoot opponents by a wide margin.

OT would have been a deserved end to this one.

It's easier to focus on the negatives.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
It's easier to focus on the negatives.
We have one win at home all season. We have lost 8 of our last 10. There aren't many positives to take out of that, my friend. You can recite the "it's still early" line but all we have to react on is what we have seen. And all we have seen so far is a team that has completely **** the bed. They've quashed the buzz that they generated in this city with this awful start. Will it get better? I don't think it can get much worse, so yeah, I'm sure it will. But the longer they wait to turn this thing around the tougher it will be to climb up the standings.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
We have one win at home all season. We have lost 8 of our last 10. There aren't many positives to take out of that, my friend. You can recite the "it's still early" line but all we have to react on is what we have seen. And all we have seen so far is a team that has completely **** the bed. They've quashed the buzz that they generated in this city with this awful start. Will it get better? I don't think it can get much worse, so yeah, I'm sure it will. But the longer they wait to turn this thing around the tougher it will be to climb up the standings.

It's okay, I'm not gonna try and put 50 whining man-babies to bed.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I have no idea if Oleksiak is an answer on defense and neither will the coaching staff or anyone else if he continues to log 10-11 minutes a game. I can say decisively that giving more minutes to Jordie Benn is not an answer. Neither does it appear that Dillon is a net positive these days either. I really thought once Gonchar left this team would be better but I swear every season it seems like at least 2 defenders need to go. KC needs to play in Chicago.

That said Roussel cannot be the best player on the ice if this team expects to win. Someone should page Jamie Benn. He's been missing for weeks.

Get healthy Nuke. There are way too many checkers and grinders on this club your offense would be appreciated.

Another great game by Klingberg. Kid has it.

McDavid would be an excellent addition to this club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad