GDT: Game #17 - 11.15.14 - vs Minnesota - 1:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Brand New Stars

Serious question, who was better?

So you're going off one game for this question? If so, no one. Daley is the very obvious answer as the best dman on the team though. 3 games by a guy doesn't change that.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
Of course I say that but sometimes when Kari makes a mistake it would be nice if a defender would bail him out.

MetalGodAOD*

Friedman mentioned in his 30 thoughts article that opposing coaches know how to shut down Dallas.

11. The Stars are 2-0 since the trade, impressively holding the Kings to just five third-period shots in Thursday night’s win. That is a good first step in eliminating some bad habits. One opposing coach: “They love track meets…willing to trade chances…they do have skill and are always four in the rush. Smart/patient/grinding teams counter-punch them and make them defend.”

They need to be able to adjust to teams shutting down their speed/cross passes. Would love to see a more north-south player with Benn/Seguin. And as much as I wanted to see McKenzie with Spezza, he's done nothing in the games he's been there.

Brand New Stars

It would be tough to break up Roussel-Eakin-Garbutt, but I really think Roussel would mesh nicely with Seguin and Benn.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
It would be tough to break up Roussel-Eakin-Garbutt, but I really think Roussel would mesh nicely with Seguin and Benn.

Others will disagree but I'd like to see it as well. He's worked well on the PP with them and Roussel is probably the most adaptive player on the team.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
You can point plenty of fingers, but a home record of 1-4-4 is on Ruff. You've got last change. Surely you can spackle a line together with Spezza that can generate enough offense to offset the sin of putting all your eggs in one basket.

I think Ruff is a mostly solid coach, but he seems too intent of relying on what he feels is a trump card, be it a goaltender you can play more games than is necessary, or one line you believe can carry the entire burden of creating offense. A single win in 9 games AT home. It doesn't help that Ruff's assistant coaches don't seem to bring anything interesting to the table either.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014

I wouldn't separate them because they are the only scoring threat we have after Seguin's line, however, I do think Roussel is our best option to move up to a line with Seguin or with Spezza. He has shown this year the skills to go along with his feistiness and speed. Maybe double shift him every now and then or shake things up occasionally by putting Roussel with Seguin and Eakin with Spezza. No way I'd break them up for a full game right now though as good as Roo Eakin Garb are playing!

NukeJukes43

I'm not confident in tomorrow, we probably won't show up for that game either.

1) Commit to tank
2) McDavid
3) Cup(s)

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Friedman mentioned in his 30 thoughts article that opposing coaches know how to shut down Dallas.

They need to be able to adjust to teams shutting down their speed/cross passes. Would love to see a more north-south player with Benn/Seguin. And as much as I wanted to see McKenzie with Spezza, he's done nothing in the games he's been there.

An accurate portrayal of what happened today.

An insane patient Minnesota wild team just let Dallas bash their thick skulls against a neutral zone trap for 60 minutes.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
I'm not confident in tomorrow, we probably won't show up for that game either.

1) Commit to tank
2) McDavid
3) Cup(s)

Still to soon to tank but I really hope this team does either decide to win regularly or commit to tanking because the way it's going we are falling right where we don't want to be.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
Not a Ruff fan but at least he is seeing what we all are seeing regarding Klinger! As frustrating as the game was, it is fun watching the young man step in and play so well so consistent this fast!

NukeJukes43

Still to soon to tank but I really hope this team does either decide to win regularly or commit to tanking because the way it's going we are falling right where we don't want to be.

Dallas does this way too much. We can't hang on the fence all season long, cling to a wildcard spot again, and rely on our horribly inconsistent defense and goaltending to support our top-heavy offense.

We need to actually commit to losing so we can draft a real franchise talent to solidify a core. We have the perfect financial storm brewing and drafting McDavid or even Eichel will put us in a position to be one of the true elite juggernauts in the NHL in the next few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad