GDT: Game 16: The Phil Kessel Game | Coyotes @ Knights | 20:00 AZ | BZAZ

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I'm sure that's true. But I like Yandle. He wasn't a whiney ***** lol
There is definitely that but I recall once in particular that he was going to be scratched in Florida and fans plus teammates whined so much he stayed in lineup to the detriment of a young teammate who deserved the spot.

Reactions: Jakey53

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
There is definitely that but I recall once in particular that he was going to be scratched in Florida and fans plus teammates whined so much he stayed in lineup to the detriment of a young teammate who deserved the spot.
It shouldn't happen IMO. That "respect" taints the legitimacy of the honor. I get why it's done, but I don't think it should be done. Can turn into a popularity contest.

Edit: Just like me going with Yandle still lol

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I also don't mind Kessel. I get a chuckle out of his personality once in a while.

I simply don't respect his iron man streak.
I respect his cups, his goals and assists. I respect that he did all this after beating cancer. I just don't give him extra credit for avoiding major injury or for playing through minor injuries.

Reactions: Kai Yo T and Schemp

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I also don't mind Kessel. I get a chuckle out of his personality once in a while.

I simply don't respect his iron man streak.
I respect his cups, his goals and assists. I respect that he did all this after beating cancer. I just don't give him extra credit for avoiding major injury or for playing through minor injuries.
Surely you’ve played and should know better?

on the other hand it was a little out of character for tyson; i gotta think he had good reason for what he said
Yeah, Tyson suddenly grows a pair, after a player

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I have played several years of hockey. A bit of football, a dozen years of rugby, some snowboarding. I have an opinion on injuries in sports that is different than yours, not better or worse.
No worries. I have no idea if your opinion on injuries differs from mine, or not, but what he’s accomplished is incredible imo. 1,000 games in the NHL in and of itself is impressive and to be admired, doing so consecutively is even more so, no matter
The circumstance…. my opinion of course.

Reactions: Jakey53

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Phil also seems to forget that after Phil played a shift I think against Buffalo AM let him use his jet so he could get home for the birth of his child. He seemed real thankful at that time.

BTW..what were Phil's comments about the team/org?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Phil also seems to forget that after Phil played a shift I think against Buffalo AM let him use his jet so he could get home for the birth of his child. He seemed real thankful at that time.

BTW..what were Phil's comments about the team/org?

I think this is the quote. Not that bad really.

“When you want to win and everyone on the team wants to win, it’s a different feeling, a different vibe. Arizona, they had great guys, all the players, they’re great kids and a lot of good people there. But when you don’t want to necessarily win and contend, it becomes difficult as a player, especially when you came from Pittsburgh and I wanted to win.”

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
His quote got taken out of context (by Wyshynski I believe) and blown way out of proportion. It was just another "Lol look at what this ex-Coyote said about the Coyotes" story.

Mike Smith's parting comment was far more annoying.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I think this is the quote. Not that bad really.

“When you want to win and everyone on the team wants to win, it’s a different feeling, a different vibe. Arizona, they had great guys, all the players, they’re great kids and a lot of good people there. But when you don’t want to necessarily win and contend, it becomes difficult as a player, especially when you came from Pittsburgh and I wanted to win.”

I have no problem with this statement. It is factual. We have openly admitted that we are tanking. As a veteran and Cup winner, I could understand him not wanting to tank.

That can't be the statement Tyson Nash is referencing no?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I have no problem with this statement. It is factual. We have openly admitted that we are tanking. As a veteran and Cup winner, I could understand him not wanting to tank.

That can't be the statement Tyson Nash is referencing no?
I have a slight feeling Nash has heard some behind the scenes comments from Phil and got really annoyed knowing how well the Coyotes treated him.

Reactions: knich and SniperHF

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
“Feelings aren’t factual”.
That is an interesting quote. I beginning to think that “facts” as presented by people are about 50/50 wrt being true/correct. But feelings, well, they are what they are.
Is there a philosophy thread somewhere around here?

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
That is an interesting quote. I beginning to think that “facts” as presented by people are about 50/50 wrt being true/correct. But feelings, well, they are what they are.
Is there a philosophy thread somewhere around here?
This every feeling is indeed a fact… unless it’s a lie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad